Subject: Re: Z-matrix generation

From: Jeffrey J Gosper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 09:59:28 BST

After Conor McMenamin's success in producing GridView as one of his final year 
undergraduate projects (see 
http://www.brunel.ac.uk/depts/chem/ch241s/re_view/tagon.htm)
and the imminent (free) release of Re_View by SoftShell to all individuals
(see http://www.brunel.ac.uk/depts/chem/ch241s/re_view/re_view.htm
we are currently considering writing such a program which runs under Windows and 
would distribute it as freeware (the only matter stopping us is being able to 
find a little funding to cover Conor's expenses over the summer - any 
suggestions/contributions?).

What features would people like to see in such a program?

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
 Dr. Jeff Gosper                                         
 Dept. of Chemistry		                        
 BRUNEL University                                     
 Uxbridge Middx UB8 3PH, UK                            
 voice:  01895 274000 x2187                            
 facsim: 01895 256844                                  
 internet/email/work:   [email-masked]     
 internet/WWW: http://http1.brunel.ac.uk:8080/~castjjg 
Re_View's Home page (A molecular display/animation/analysis program):
   http://http1.brunel.ac.uk:8080/depts/chem/ch241s/re_view/re_view.htm
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/