Subject: Experimental or Optimized structures for CSA calculation

From: Jerry C C Chan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 09:09:02 +0800 (HKT)

Dear Netters,

	Would you please give me some hints for chemical shielding
calculation: 

1.  Absolute shielding is considered as the best measure of the quality of
calculated shielding tensor components.  Why not chemical shift anisotropy
and eta? 

2.  Since the experimental CSA and eta "contain" the effects of the
environment, should one choose the experimental geometry rather than
trying to optimized the geometry of the species when the absolute 
shielding scale is not available.

Many thanks,
Jerry

>From [email-masked] Thu May 16 10:16 EDT 1996
Date: Thu, 16 May 96 07:17:02 -0700
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked] (Shawn Butler)
Subject: MacSpartan Now Available

Wavefunction is now shipping the MacSpartan molecular modeling system
for the Power Macintosh. Please send queries or orders to
[email-masked] or call (714) 660-6101.  More information below or at
http://wavefun.com.

MacSpartan includes builders for Organic Molecules, Polypeptides, and
Transition States; calculations using Molecular Mechanics (SYBYL),
Semi-Empirical (AM1, AM1-SM2), Ab Initio Hartree-Fock (3-21G, 3-21G(*), and
6-31G* basis sets); displays of Structure Models, Molecular Orbitals,
electron densities, electrostatic potentials, vibration Animation; and
more...

Shawn Butler