Subject: Press Release

From: Jorge Manrique <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 09:49:19 -0600

PRESS RELEASE
May 14,  1996
For Immediate Release	

Ref.: Kenneth Frazier, U. Wisconsin-Madison
Tel: 608 262-2632  
Internet: [email-masked]

Ref.: Jorge Manrique, Beilstein Information Systems
Tel: 415 358-9091    
Internet: [email-masked]

        CrossFire - Minerva™: Extending The Reach Of Scholars 
               In The Chemical Sciences, Across North America

Madison, WI.  — The University of Wisconsin-Madison and Beilstein
Information Systems, Inc. announced today the creation of a consortium
designed to bring the benefits of the CrossFire System to Faculty and
students of Ph.D. granting institutions across North America.

The program, named CrossFire Minerva™ after the roman goddess of knowledge
and the sciences, will deliver to its users over 215 years of discoveries in
the chemical sciences, by means of the client-server system designed by
Beilstein.

The economies of scale realized by the significant number of institutions
who will  be subscribers to the system, will be further leveraged by not
having to maintain, service or update the large files that make up the
CrossFire database.
______________________________________________________

For more details, please point your browser to:
http://www.beilstein.com/press.html

Jorge Manrique
Director of Marketing
Beilstein Information Systems, Inc.
[email-masked]
Phone: 415.358.9091
Fax:      415.358.9099