Subject: relaxed amorphous polymer

From: [email-masked] (Asako koike)
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 09:15:17 +0900

Dear Netters,
        I am interested in the method for atmomistic modeling of
well-relaxed amorphous polymers.
The model system must be a rectangular parallelepiped with two dimentional
boundaries, 
because I would like to simulate the confined amorphous polymer by MD.
Does anybody know the references abount this?
Thanks for your help.

*****************************************************************************
        Asako Koike
        Hitachi Research Laboratory
        Hitachi, Ltd.
        7-1-1, Omika-cho, Hitachi-city
        Ibaraki, 319-12 JAPAN
        Tel: +81 294 52 5111
        Fax: +81 294 52 7610
        E-mail:[email-masked]

*****************************************************************************

>From [email-masked] Tue May 21 12:44 EDT 1996
Received: from GALAXY  for [email-masked]
	by bedrock.ccl.net (8.7.1/950822.1) id MAA15723; Tue, 21 May 1996 12:44:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 12:20:14 -0400
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Deadline Reminder for 1997-98 Fulbright Scholar Program

                            Please Post/Disseminate To Lists

FULBRIGHT SCHOLAR PROGRAM: INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR
U.S. FACULTY AND PROFESSIONALS IN CHEMISTRY

Reminder:  August 1 Deadline Approaching for the 1997-98
           Competition

Visit the Web Site:

Program information and the listing of 1997-98 opportunities
can be accessed via the Fulbright Scholar Program Web site at
http://www.cies.org

Summary:

Below is a brief description of Fulbright grants for U.S.
citizens to engage in lecturing and advanced research
worldwide.  These grants are excellent professional
development opportunities and provide funding to pursue
professional interests abroad.

FULBRIGHT GRANTS FOR U.S. FACULTY AND PROFESSIONALS

Description:

Over 800 awards for college and university faculty and
nonacademic professionals to lecture or pursue advanced
research and/or related professional activity abroad.  For
U.S. candidates, grants are available to nearly 130 countries.

Application Deadline:

U.S. candidates have an August 1 deadline for lecturing or
research awards.  Non-U.S. candidates apply in their home
country for awards to come to the United States.

Areas of Interest:

Opportunities exist in every area of the social sciences, arts
and humanities, sciences, and many professional fields.
Fulbright-supported activities include undergraduate and
graduate teaching, individual advanced research, joint
research collaboration, and more.

Basic Eligibility Requirements:

Ph.D. or equivalent professional/terminal degree at the time
of application and U.S. citizenship (permanent residency is
not sufficient).

For professionals and artists outside academe, recognized
professional standing comparable to that associated with the
doctorate in higher education is required, unless otherwise
noted in the individual award description.

College or university teaching experience is expected at the
level and in the field of the advertised assignment or
proposed lecturing activity for lecturing and combined
lecturing/research awards.

Grant Duration:

Awards range in duration from two months to twelve months.
Most lecturing assignments are for an academic term/semester
or a full academic year.

Language:

Foreign language proficiency may be expected as specified in
the award description or as required for the completion of the
proposed lecturing or research project.

The majority of teaching assignments are in English. The major
exceptions are Central and South America, where Spanish is
usually required, and francophone Africa, where one is
expected to be fluent in French.

Action:

U.S. candidates may view detailed descriptions of award
opportunities and request application materials via the
Fulbright Scholar Program web site:   http://www.cies.org

Requests for hard copy of the awards booklet and application
kit can be made by

  E-mail:      [email-masked]
               (Requests for mailing of materials only!)

  Telephone:   202/686-7877

  U.S. mail:   USIA Fulbright Senior Scholar Program
               Council for International Exchange of Scholars
    Box INET
               3007 Tilden St., NW, Suite 5M
               Washington, DC 20008-3009

Non-U.S. candidates must contact the Fulbright commission or
U.S. embassy in their home country.