Subject: Glycoscience Conference

From: "Andreas P. Heiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 13:22:46 +0300 (EET DST)

A N N O U N C E M E N T 
		        	 and 
		C A L L   F O R   C O N T R I R I B U T I O N S.

   The Second Electronic Glycoscience Conference (EGC-2) will be held on
the Internet and World Wide Web from Sept 9 - Sept 20 1996. Conference
subject areas will include 

- Glycosyltransferases
- Glycoimmunology
- Primary Structure Determination
- Glycolipids;
- Organic Synthesis
- Molecular Modelling, Design and Informatics
- Lectins;
- Polysaccharides and Cellulose
- Proteoglycans and Glycosaminoglycans;
- Glycomedicine
- Carbohydrate Biotechnology
- Glycobiology
- Crystallography;
- NMR
- Function of Carbohydrates in Biological Systems;
- Perspectives.

   Papers and Posters wil be presented on the Web during EGC-2.  Authors may
opt for permanent publication of their presentations either as a regular
journal article in a special issue of Glycoconjugate Journal or on a CD-ROM
on the Glycosciences, which will appear early '97.

   Contributions for the Molecular Modelling, Design and Informatics (MMDI
for short) section that fall within the general scope of the conference, and
have development and application of theoretical methods as it's main topic,
are warmly welcomed. Theoretical approaches encompass almost any method,
such as quantum-chemical, semi-emperical, molecular mechanics, Monte Carlo,
Molecular Dynamics, and variation thereoff, as well as data-base based
methods. Also invited are contributions that employ approaches that have
their origin in theoretical biology, such as genetic algorithms,
game-strategies etc. (see, e.g., Science 271 (1996), 1365).
   A strong link between theoretical and experimental work is encouraged,
and contributions that deal with macromolecular systems or complexes
(carbohydrate-carbohydrate or carbohydrate-protein) are especially wellcome. 

For more information on the EGC-2 (how to register, hard/software
requirements etc.), please check out
http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/egc2/home_fr.html. If you want to submit
contributions to other sections, you will find the right convener there. 

Deadline for submission of abstracts is 17 June, and can be sent via e-mail
only (!!) to:

Andrepeter Heiner,
VTT/Biotechnology and Food Research,
e-mail: [email-masked]

looking forward meeting you,

Andrepeter Heiner.
=================================================================
| Andreas P. Heiner          | voice : +358-0-456 5105          |
| VTT/Biotechnology and      | fax   : +358-0-455 2103          |
|     Food Research          | e-mail: [email-masked] |
| Biologinkuja 1,            |                                  |
| PO Box 1500, Espoo         |                                  |
| FIN-02044 VTT Finland      |                                  | 
=================================================================