Subject: Workshop on Advanced Topics in High Performance Computing

From: [email-masked] (Jeanne C. Butler)
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 15:26:28 -0400

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Workshop on Advanced Topics in High Performance Computing +
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Cornell Theory Center
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Monday, August 19 - Wednesday, August 21, 1996
Registration deadline: July 15, 1996

The Cornell Theory Center (CTC), a nationally funded high
performance computing and communications center, is offering three
days of lecture and discussion that take an in-depth look at
specific topics in high performance computing. This workshop is
intended for intermediate and expert parallel programmers who are
actively involved in research that will benefit from the topics
presented.  The planned session titles are:

- Multigrid Methods
- Object-Oriented Methods for the Solution of Partial Differential
  Equations
- A Parallel Partial Differential Equation Solver for Fluid
  Dynamics Computations
- Special Topics in HPF Programming
- Domain Decomposition and Parallel Code Optimization
- Quantum Monte Carlo Methods for Continuum Systems
- Data Explorer for Scientific Visualization
- Iterative Methods

For more information on this workshop and access to the
registration form, please see
http://www.tc.cornell.edu/Events/Advanced.Aug96/