Subject: Re: CCL:Solid State calculation.

From: Daniel Mok <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 10:10:19 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

Although there are many people interested in obtaining code for solid state
calculation, it seems that there is no free code available. Concerning 
there are quite a few free/low cost ab initio/DFT package available, I am a 
bit surprised. Is that because the solid state calculation was developed 
earlier than other calculations on molecules, so most of the packages are 
now distributed commerically?  I am just curious..... 

Daniel

On Fri, 17 May 1996, Daniel Mok wrote:
> Dear Netters,
> 
> I would like to know is there any free package available to calculate the 
> electronic structure of a solid/crystal using Density Functional Theory?
> 

********************************************************************************
* Daniel K.W. Mok                                                              *
* E-Mail: [email-masked]                                Phone: 01223-336423   *
* Office: Dept. of Chemistry, University of Cambridge     Fax : 01223-336362   *
*         Lensfield Rd., Cambridge CB2 1EW, UK.                                *
********************************************************************************