Subject: Diatomics etc.

From: "Frederick R. Bennett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 96 11:43:33 +0100

Hi All,
       this request does not directly have anything to do with computational
chemistry, but it does pertain to information that computational chemists
may have.

 I am aware of reference books like Huber & Herzberg that table
spectroscopic constants for diatomic molecules and ions, and also contain
extensive references to the experimental source of the data. This is
potentially useful to me, but I am more interested in the actual, non
reduced spectroscopic data such as rotational constants and energies of
individual vibrational levels. To this end, does anyone know of some
reference material that may table this data.

 I know that it is possible to take the reduced spectroscopic constants and
determine the information that I am after, but it is not the most accurate
method, and furthermore, I am concerned with estimated errors in the
experimental data.

 The other thing I already know is that I could look up the related
references from H&H and research the data first hand (which I may eventually
have to do), but I am interested in a large number of systems. With some of
the references being to papers in old Journals or cited as reference
material themselves, it would be very time consuming and costly for me to
accumulate all this material.

All the Best

Frederick Bennett.
===============================================================================
                    Frederick R. Bennett
                    
 Papernet Address:  Institut Fur anorganische, analytische 
                    und physikalische Chemie                  
                    Freierstrstrasse 3
                    CH-3000 Bern 9 
                    Switzerland
                    
 Mouthnet Address:  [41] (031) 631 4231

 Faxnet Address     [41] (031) 631 3994
 
 Internet Address:  [email-masked]

===============================================================================