Subject: CFP: BioSystems

From: Dan Gehlhaar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 17:16:36 -0700

CALL FOR PAPERS

SPECIAL ISSUE OF BIOSYSTEMS

EVOLUTIONARY COMPUTATION IN BIOCHEMISTRY AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY

Guest Editors: David B. Fogel, Natural Selection, Inc.
	       Daniel K. Gehlhaar, Agouron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

Papers are hereby solicited for a special issue of BioSystems on the
use of evolutionary computation to address problems in biochemistry
and molecular biology.  Authors are invited to submit papers which
describe original, unpublished research.  Specific topics include but
are not limited to the use of evolutionary algorithms in protein and
polymer folding, protein structure-function, drug design, flexible and
rigid protein and ligand docking, de novo molecular design, genetic
sequence alignment, the design of genetic probes, and the
identification of sequence function.

Hard copies of manuscripts must be received at the address below on or
before November 30, 1996.  Electronic submissions cannot be accepted.
Papers should be clear, concise, and written in English.  Papers
received after the deadline will be handled as time allows.
Submissions should be double-spaced and should follow the Instructions
for Authors for the journal BioSystems, which can be found on the web
at http://www.natural-selection.com/biosys.  Notification of the
editor's decisions will be mailed by February 28, 1997.  Please send
five (5) copies of the complete paper to:

David B. Fogel
Associate Editor, BioSystems
Natural Selection, Inc.
3333 N. Torrey Pines Ct., Suite 200
La Jolla, CA  92037

For further information, please contact the editors at

[email-masked]
or
[email-masked]