Subject: Symposium CFP - Cluster and MPP computing

From: "Timothy G. Mattson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 96 12:58:09 PDT

Computational Chemistry on MPP's, workstation clusters, and
                       other novel computer systems.

                        Spring, 1997 ACS meeting 
                        San Fransisco, California

Organized by:

  Timothy G. Mattson, Intel Corporation        [email-masked]   503-677-5627
  Theresa L. Windus,  Northwestern University  [email-masked] 847-491-3423

The goal of this symposium is to review the practice of computational 
chemistry on parallel, distributed and other novel computer systems.
We are seeking two kinds of papers:

   1. Papers about the algorithms and computer science required to 
      take advantage of these computer systems.  

   2. Papers about the computational chemistry that is possible 
      because of these novel computer systems.

We are planning to publish a proceedings for this symposium - most 
likely as a volume in the ACS Symposium Series.   

Abstracts are due by October 25.  To help with our planning, however,
we need to know by early August if you are planning to submit an abstract.  
Contact either of the organizers if you are interested in submitting a 
paper.

---

From: "David E. Bernholdt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 19:14:13 -0400

Hi Tim,  I definitely plan to submit something, though I hate these long
lead times. (I know they're not your fault.)

Best, David
--
David E. Bernholdt                      | Email:  [email-masked]
Northeast Parallel Architectures Center | Phone:  +1 315 443 3857
111 College Place, Syracuse University  | Fax:    +1 315 443 1973
Syracuse, NY 13244-4100                 | URL:    http://www.npac.syr.edu