

Dear Ernst,

You might want to try the CIS-MP2 method as implemented in G94. This is 
available via overlay 9/23=1 (for closed-shell systems). I haven't gotten 
around to extensively testing this myself, but received very positive 
information on this from David Danovich (Hebrew University, Jerusalem), 
who suggested it for me to use on excited states of molecules with 11+ 
heavy atoms and C1 symmetry. (He also stated the manual was wrong by 
stating it is 9/21=1.) If you find this method works, please let me (and 
CCL) know. Of course I am also very interested in a summary of other 
people's responses, since clearly excellent methods as Roos' CASPT2 are still 
impractical for many, many low-symmetry systems.. 

Best regards,
Han Zuilhof

******************************************************************************
**   Dr. Han Zuilhof           **  e-mail: [email-masked]  **
**   Department of Chemistry   **                                           **
**   University of Rochester   **                                           **
**   Rochester, NY, 14627      **  Fax:   (716) 473-6889                    **
**   USA                       **  Voice: (716) 275-2219                    **
******************************************************************************
**                                                                          **
**                        "Excite a photochemist!"                          **
**                                                                          **
******************************************************************************

-----cut here-----