Subject: Commercial Postings on CCL

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 23:03:22 -0400

Dear Subscibers of CCL,

Just to remind you that people who are posting long commercial adds
or other stuff which is a 'no-no' according to a help file,
are dully entered into the reject file (this file contains addresses
which are "suspect" and whose messages have to be reviewed by me
before they can be posted). On the other hand, some messages get rejected
for other reasons (scripts are checking some header lines to detect
"unsafe" addresses) which have nothing to do with "unnetical" behaviour.
Sometimes scripts get fooled in either way, i.e., will pass junk,
or stop pearls, diamonds, and krugerrands. Sorry about it...

I am kinda busy lately so the messages which were rejected for whatever
reason sit often up to a few days in the purgatory.

Also, please read about the new service below, which may be of value
if you are planning on buying software.

Jan Labanowski
[email-masked]

---------- Begin Forwarded Message ----------
>From [email-masked] Wed May 29 09:52 EDT 1996
Date: 29 May 96 09:47:12 EDT
From: Maschek <[email-masked]>
To: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Subject: Commercial Postings on CCL
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Dear Dr. Labanowski :

Having been a subscriber to your and other scientific mailing
lists, we do understand what a workload the organisation and
operation of such a mail service is and how annoying commercial
postings can be in an endevour which sole purpose is the free
interchange of scientific and research information.
On the other hand a certain percentage of your subscribers do
as well have an interest in receiving information about 
commercially available products and services. To solve the problems
of both parties, those interested only in academic information and 
those with an additional interest in commercial information, we have
decided to offer a free list service for such commercially 
relevant information.
Everybody who is interested to read and/or to post commercial
viable information can subscribe as of today to the Commercial
Computational Chemistry List (CCLCOM) using the following command:

subscribe

to : 

[email-masked]

We would appreciate if you could post this message to all your
subscribers and by such hopefully get rid of all commercial traffic
on your list.

Yours sincerely,

Manfred Maschek
The Science Information Company
[email-masked]

----------- End Forwarded Message -----------