Subject: Software for review

From: "Stephen R. Heller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 08:25:07 -0400 (EDT)

6 June, 1996

Subject:  Computer Software for Review

     As the Software Review Editor for the ACS Journal of
Chemical Information and Computer Science (JCICS) I often get
software for review in the journal.   I have three (3) new
software products.  I am looking for people who are willing to
review these software products.  In return for the review which
is published in JCICS you get to keep the software or database. 
The review should be completed in 1-3 months.  The length of the
review is 4-10 double spaced typed pages.  Sample reviews can be
found in most of the recent issues of JCICS.

     Please try to give me some (short) reason to choose you over
another person. 

     I have tried this approach for about the past four years and
it is working reasonably well. (REMINDER: For those who haven't
finished your reviews of software sent months and months ago,
this last sentence does not apply to you!)  As a result, I am
continuing this new method to find reviewers using this e-
mail/user group system.  I reserve the right to abandon this if
it is a problem, or inappropriate.  I will not notify people if I
have found a reviewer.  If you don't hear from me within a few
days I have chosen someone else to review the particular package.

     As I get many, many, (too many) replies to this message,
please do not respond after 8 June 1996 (Saturday), as I am sure
the software will be gone by then.

     I can be reached on Internet ([email-masked]).

     PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE AN STREET ADDRESS, PHONE, and FAX
NUMBER!!!  (I send the software by Federal Express.)  Without
this information I WILL NOT consider your request.

     Steve Heller

The packages I now have are:

1. ProCite for Windows 3.1 from PBS in Ann Arbor MI.

2. End Note2 Plus for Windows 3.1.

3. ASAP WordPower 1.0 for preparation of reports, handouts, and
presentations. Runs under either Windows 3.1 or Windows95.

Steve Heller, USDA, ARS, Plant Genome Project
Bldg. 005, Room 337
Beltsville, MD 20705-2350 USA
Phone: 301-504-6055   FAX: 301-504-6231
E-mail:  [email-masked]
WWW:     www.hellers.com/~steve