Subject: CCL: Molecular Dynamics workshop

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 10:35:36 -0400 (EDT)

PITTSBURGH SUPERCOMPUTING CENTER
                  BIOMEDICAL SUPERCOMPUTING INITIATIVE

METHODS AND APPLICATIONS OF MOLECULAR MECHANICS AND DYNAMICS TO MOLECULES
OF BIOLOGICAL INTEREST WORKSHOP; August 7-10, 1996.

Instructors include  Dr. David Case, the Scripps Research Institute,
Thomas Cheatham III, UCSF; Prof. Peter A. Kollman, UCSF, Dr. David A. Pearlman,
Vertex Pharmaceuticals; and Bill Ross, UCSF.

General aspects of molecular mechanics and dynamics theory and software
will be discussed. The program AMBER will be utilized extensively
in demonstrations.

Biomedical Workshops offered by the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center typically
consist of theoretical lectures taught by leaders in the respective scientific
discipline,  and extensive hands-on computer sessions. During the computer 
sessions, participants are able to work on the examples provided or on their 
own experimental data. Attendance is limited to 20 participants to allow 
one-on-one instruction and encourage scientific interactions and discussions.

Application deadlines are six weeks prior to the workshop. Researchers
nationwide are invited to apply.

For additional information, please refer to

 	http://www.psc.edu/biomed/workshops.html

CONTACT INFORMATION: Nancy Blankenstein, Biomedical Program Assistant,
(412)268-4960, [email-masked]

TO APPLY FOR THE WORKSHOP, please fill out the application form, and
return all application materials six weeks before the workshop to:

  Biomedical Workshop Applications Committee
  Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
  4400 Fifth Avenue, Suite 230C
  Pittsburgh, PA 15213

******************************************************************************
APPLICATION FORM - Biomedical Workshop

		    PITTSBURGH SUPERCOMPUTING CENTER
                  BIOMEDICAL SUPERCOMPUTING INITIATIVE
          METHODS AND APPLICATIONS OF MOLECULAR MECHANICS AND
              DYNAMICS TO MOLECULES OF BIOLOGICAL INTEREST
                        WORKSHOP APPLICATION FORM

Name:	       ________________________________________________________________

Affiliation:   ________________________________________________________________

Address:       ________________________________________________________________
	       (Business)
	       ________________________________________________________________

	       ________________________________________________________________
	       (Home)
	       ________________________________________________________________

Telephone:  ____________________________         ______________________________
	           (Business)				     (Home)

*Social Security Number:  _______-_____-_______	Citizenship:___________________

Electronic Mail Address:_______________________________________________________

Status: ___Graduate  ___Post-doctoral Fellow  ___Faculty  ___Other (specify)

Please indicate specifically any special housing, transportation or dietary
arrangements you will need: ___________________________________________________

How did you learn about this workshop:_________________________________________

REQUIREMENTS:
pleted application form and a cover letter.  The
letter should describe, in one or two paragraphs, your current research, and
how participating in the workshop will enhance this research.  Please include 
a brief statement describing your level of experience with computers.  Faculty
members, staff and post-docs should provide a curriculum vitae.  Graduate 
students must have a letter of recommendation from a faculty member.

Please return all application materials

*Disclosure of Social Security Number is voluntary.

PSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age,
creed, national or ethnic origin, or handicap.