Subject: Re: CCL:the relationship between DFT and ab initio

From: [email-masked] (Charles H. Martin)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 12:01:50 -0400

Netters,

	Speaking of accidental postings,

	I did not mean to send the last message, but since I did ...

	I am wondering if there is any recent work using the ideas similar
to the one presented by Nebset  [R. K. Nesbet in JPC  
entitled "Reference-State Density Functional Theory".  
[You    can chek it out on-line at http://pubs.acs.org in the
interactive edition of JPC -- this is way cool, BTW ] on computing
Density Functionals from ab initio techniques.    I know
there are simple cases which can be done exactly, and there is some
recent work by Parr on testing some of the assumptions of
DFT.  

	Does anyone else know of anything or have an opinion on
this topic they would like to share?  Since I saw that
latest paper by Nebset, I thought it might make for a lively
discussion, namely, the relationship between standard ab initio
methods and the DFT techniques.

	Best Regards
	Chuck martin