Subject: New Electronic Medicinal Chemistry Journal (EMCJ)

From: Sabbir Ahmed <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 09:37:38 GMT0BST

Dear Netters,

This is a call for papers for a new peer reviewed electronic journal 
for Medicinal Chemistry called 'Electronic Medicinal Chemistry 
Journal'.

Area of coverage : 	Medicinal chemistry in its broadest meaning.

Audience :		Medicinal chemists, pharmacologists, pharmacists and
biochemists.

Aims:  The Electronic Medicinal Chemistry Journal (EMCJ) will aim to
focus on the relationship of chemistry to biological/pharmacological
activity. The journal will publish original research on : organic
synthesis; the correlation of chemical/molecular structure with
biological activity; drug design and synthesis of novel medicinal
agents; drug targeting; physiochemical studies of biologically active
compounds that demonstrate their mode of action; molecular aspects of
drug metabolism; theoretical studies which increase the understanding
of molecular aspects of biochemical processes. 

The most important feature of this electronic format is its rapid
dissemination of major advances in medicinal chemistry (turn around
time is aimed to be one month from submission date). In addition to
research findings, EMCJ will invite papers from eminent workers within
 specified fields to review their area of expertise and to comment on
future direction for research, where appropriate, a full edition will
be devoted to a single area of research.

The web site for the journal (and further information) can be found at :

http://www.electronicjournals.co.uk (UK and Europe)
http://www.he.net/~proton

The reviewers panel is at present being established and anyone 
keen to be a reviewer should contact the editor-in-chief directly 
(via the website, or [email-masked]).

Kind regards

Sabbir Ahmed

Dr. Sabbir Ahmed
School of Applied Chemistry
Kingston University
Penrhyn Road
Kingston upon Thames
Kingston
Surrey, KT1 2EE
United Kingdom

Tele. : +44 (0)181 547 2000 ext. 2433
Fax.  : +44 (0)181 547 7562
E-mail : [email-masked]