Subject: PROGRAM FOT BALL-AND-STICK MODELS--ANSWER

From: "E. Lewars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 11:56:26 -0400 (EDT)

1996 June 26

Hello,  This is in response to a question about a program that will accept
molecular geometry in various formats (e.g. XYZ) and give nice pictures.
   The Windows program Molwin will accept Cartesians or PDB and give attractive
ball-and-stick pictures. The molecule can be rotated with a mouse and the atom
and bond sizes can be adjusted. The pictures can be sent to WordPerfect and
edited with bond lengths and angles, then printed for publication-quality
illustrations.  Unfortunately you can't _query_ Molwin for geometry.

   MolWin will also accept Gaussian 92 freq output, show the molecule, and let
you animate the vibrational frequencies. I have heard that it does not do
this with G94, because the latter does not present freqs in the "long" form
that Molwin uses; maybe there is some way to work around this.
  MolWin was written by Dr Pavel Ganelin of the Catholic University of America,
[email-masked]       It should be obtainable from
  oak.oakland.edu/simtel/win3/chem/molwin23.zip

E. Lewars
====