Subject: Summer School

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 17:15:21 +0100

COMPUTATIONAL CHEMISTRY SUMMER SCHOOL
                             St Catharine's College
                                 Cambridge
                              September 8-18 1996

The Lecturers will be
Dr. R.D Amos (6 lectures) - The Self-Consistent Field Method Gradient Theory
Prof. N.C. Handy (5) - Density Functional Theory
Prof. P.J. Knowles (5) - Electron Correlation and Configuration Interaction
Prof. L. Palmieri (4) - Potential Energy Surfaces for Spectroscopy and Dynamics
Prof. M.A. Robb (4) - Excited States and Photochemistry
Dr. A. Stone (3) - Accurate Calculations of Intermolecular Potentials.

Each set of lectures will be concerned with the basic theory and its
applications.

There will be problems classes at which participants will solve problems set
by the lecturers. The school staff will be present to help you.  

There will be an opportunity for participants to present a short paper on
their work.

Cost 595(pounds) includes all fees and full board and lodging

Applications to attend the School can be sent by e-mail to
                  [email-masked]
or by ordinary mail to Dr P.J. Grout, Physical and
Theoretical Chemistry Laboratory, South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3QZ, UK.

Dr Grout will be happy to supply any futher information that you require.
(See also http://gmos.ch.cam.ac.uk/school.html)