Subject: Conference Molec. Modelling, Amsterdam 9-10 september 1996

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 1996 08:51:03 MET-1MDT

CONFERENCE - MOLECULAR MODELLING OF CHEMICALS AND MATERIALS

Amsterdam, The Netherlands, September 9-10, 1996

Society's demands for affordable chemicals and materials with novel or
enhanced performance characteristics continue to grow as exciting new
application areas are recognised, and the requirements in existing areas
become increasingly more stringent. Molecular modelling and simulation
techniques have an important role to play in these developments by
helping to provide a more focussed, molecular-level understanding of
chemical products and processes, which in turn can help to guide future
experimental work. This meeting, organised by the Molecular Graphics and
Modelling Society and the University of Amsterdam, will bring together
theoreticians and experimentalists from a variety of relevant fields to
discuss molecular modelling approaches in chemicals and materials
research, and is expected to be of value to scientists in industry and
academe alike. Topics covered by the meeting will include:

 - Catalysis and Surfaces
 - Fluids and Interfaces
 - Polymers

Speakers will include:

Prof. E.J. Baerends (Amsterdam), Prof. J.H.R. Clarke (UMIST), Dr. J. Gale
(London), Prof. W.A. Goddard (Caltech), Dr. F. Muller-Plathe (Mainz),
Prof. K. Roberts (Strathclyde), Prof. R. Van Santen (Eindhoven),
Dr. B. Smit (Shell) and Prof. D. Tildesley (Imperial, London)

Organising Committee : Dr. M.A. King (Shell) Chairman; Dr. E.A. Colbourn
(Oxford Materials Ltd.); Dr. M.G.B. Drew (University of Reading);
Dr. A.M. Brouwer (University of Amsterdam) Local Organiser;
Dr. R. Peschar (University of Amsterdam) Local Organiser

Program

The program will consist of invited lectures and oral presentations. On
both days there will be a session of ca. three hours which will include
buffet lunch, poster session and a commercial exhibition, all in the same
location. Abstracts (one page A4, ready for reproduction) of contributed
talks or posters should be sent to Dr. A.M. Brouwer at the address below.
If you wish to present your work orally please ensure that your abstract
is in our possession before July 15, and please add a brief description of
your position and scientific career. The selection of oral presentations
will be made before July 30. The committee will favour contributions from
younger scientists.

Registration

The conference fee is DFl. 300 for regular participants, DFl. 175 for
students. For registration after July 15, the fee is increased by DFl 50.
To qualify for the reduced rate students must include a letter from their
research supervisor. A limited number of student bursaries will be
available. The registration fee includes a book of abstracts, lunches,
coffee and tea during breaks, and an informal dinner on monday evening.

Registration and hotel reservation forms are available at the Conference Web
site: http://krop.chem.uva.nl/mgms/
or will be sent upon request to the (E-mail) address given below.

Send abstracts and registration form to:

Dr. A.M. Brouwer
University of Amsterdam, Laboratory of Organic Chemistry
Nieuwe Achtergracht 129, NL-1018 WS Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Fax  31 (0)20 5255670, E-mail: [email-masked]