Subject: ZINDO/S parameters for Si and Al

From: "JDA03546@niftyse" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 1996 17:55:00 +0900

Dear folks,

I have downloaded HyperChem demo from CCL archive and tried to use it
to calculate UV/VIS by means of ZINDO for spectroscopy (ZINDO/S). But
HyperChem's ZINDO/S does not support Si and Al. According to HyperCube, 
such parameters have not been published.

But a friend of mine told me that MSI(Biosym)'s ZINDO for spectroscopy 
does have parameters for both atoms, though he said he doesn't know the 
references.

I also spent quite a bit of time for literature search for these parameters
in vain.
Could someone give me a pointer or the parameters?

Thank you in advance.
---
Teraish Kazuo
TEL:+81-492-66-8375
FAX:+81-492-66-8359
E-MAIL:[email-masked]