Subject: CCL: random stops in G94

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 12:30:28 +0200

Dear All,

We have a strange and random problem :
we are running Gaussian 94 on a IBM 43P (Power PC) under AIX4.1.4 with
128 Meg of memory and 284 Meg of pagingspace. Gaussian 94 was compiled
with IBM Fortran 3.2.
We run Gaussian with : nohup 'script-in-csh'  
and it stops mysteriously with no error message (nor in the output file 
nor in the errlog), no core dump...just stops (the scratch files  
are not removed by Gaussian). 
Sometimes after a re-start of the script it goes to the end and 
sometimes it stops again after one or more optimisation steps.
It happens after writing the energy on the output file. 
There is enough temporary scratch space available.

Does anyone have had the same problem ? or have an idea what it
could be and/or what to do ?

Thanks in advance

 Anne Milet

===========================================================
Anne Milet
Laboratoire de Chimie quantique
UPR 139
4, rue Blaise Pascal
67000 Strasbourg
e-mail : [email-masked]
===========================================================