Subject: Call for abstracts, PSB session on molecular docking

From: [email-masked] (William Welch)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 13:43:35 -0700

**************************Call for Abstracts*****************************

	  Molecular Docking: Lead Discovery and Optimization

		  Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing
		      (http://cgl.ucsf.edu/psb)
		  Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui, Hawaii
			  January 6-9, 1997

CoChairs:   Dr. Ajay N. Jain and Dr. Will Welch
            Arris Pharmaceutical Corporation

The Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing (PSB-97) is an international,
multidisciplinary conference for the presentation and discussion of
current research in the theory and application of computational
methods in problems of biological significance.

We are currently soliciting abstracts for a poster session that will
focus on computational techniques for molecular docking applied toward
lead discovery and optimization.  The rapidly increasing availability
of structural information for biologically relevant enzymes and
receptors has put molecular docking techniques on the critical path
for modern drug discovery.

The session is intended to cover both algorithmic aspects of docking
and application of docking techniques to drug targets.  Particular
emphasis in the algorithmic area will be on methods for flexible
docking, novel scoring functions, and on methods for protein analysis
and characterization.  Emphasis in the application areas will be on
real-world use of docking techniques and assessment of their value as
lead discovery and optimization tools.  Contributions which introduce
or illustrate novel computational methods and which present
contemporary applications are equally encouraged.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSIONS

The Molecular Docking session will be a poster session with an
opportunity for semi-structured discussion.  We request submission of
abstracts of up to two pages adhering to the guidelines set forth on
the PSB web pages, which will be distributed at the meeting separately
>from the archival proceedings.

  Important dates
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  August 15, 1996   1-2 page abstract due
  August 31, 1996   Notification of accepted abstracts

Submissions to this session or questions may be sent either
electronically (preferred) or by standard mail to:

Dr. Ajay N. Jain   OR   Dr. Will Welch
Arris Pharmaceutical Corporation
385 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 3
South San Francisco, CA 94080
[email-masked], [email-masked]
Tel  (415) 829-1016 (Jain), x1014 (Welch)
Fax  (415) 829-1001

For more information on the Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing, please see
our web site at http://cgl.ucsf.edu/psb or contact: 

Ms. Sharon Surles
PSB Coordinator
Interactive Simulations, Inc.
5330 Carroll Canyon Road, Suite 203
San Diego, CA  92121
[email-masked]
Phone: +1 (619) 658-9782
FAX:   +1 (619) 658-9463

******************************************************************************