Subject: CCL: random stops with G94

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 16:58:24 +0200

Dear All,
We have a strange and random problem :
we are running Gaussian 94 on a IBM 43P (Power PC) under AIX4.1.4 with
128 Meg of memory and 284 Meg of pagingspace. Gaussian 94 was compiled
with IBM Fortran 3.2.
We run Gaussian with : nohup 'script-in-csh'  
and it stops mysteriously with no error message (nor in the output file 
nor in the errlog), no core dump...just stops (the scratch files  
are not removed by Gaussian). 
Sometimes after a re-start of the script it goes to the end and 
sometimes it stops again after one or more optimisation steps.
It happens after writing the energy on the output file. 
There is enough temporary scratch space available.

Does anyone have had the same problem ? or have an idea what it
could be and/or what to do ?

Thanks in advance

Anne Milet

====================================================================
    Anne Milet
 Laboratoire de Chimie Quantique UPR 139
 Institut Le Bel
 4,rue Blaise Pascal
 67000 Strabourg
 e-mail: [email-masked]
===================================================================