Subject: lattice Monte Carlo

From: [email-masked] (Asako Koike)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 21:00:06 +0900 (JST)

Dear Netters,
   I am looking for lattice Monce Carlo program. Though I looked at Monte
Carlo Page(http://www.cooper.edu/engineering/chemechem/monte.html),
unfortunately I could not find such kind of program.
   Does anybody know where I can obtain lattice Monce Carlo program ? Of
course, free soft-wares are better.
 
   Thanks in advance.

   Asako Koike

*************************************************************************
        Hitachi, Ltd.
        Hitachi Research Laboratory
        7-1-1, Omika-cho, Hitachi-ishi, 
        Ibaraki, 319-12, Japan
        Tel : +81 294 52 5111
        Fax : +81 294 52 7610
        E-mail : koike＠hrl.hitachi.co.jp
 *************************************************************************

---

From: Kenneth Geisshirt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 09:40:22 -0600 (MDT)

> course, free soft-wares are better.

Why don't you have a look in the book "Computer Simulation of Liquids" by
Allen and Tildesley (Clarendon Press 1987)? They have several MC programs
and you can download them from cheme.cornell.edu. There might not be a
program which you can use "out of the box" but their code is easily read
and you then just have to add the code you need.

+-----------------------------------------------------------------+
| Kenneth Geisshirt                                 Ph.D.-student |
| Department of Life Sciences and Chemistry,  Roskilde University |
| Currently at: University of Colorado at Boulder                 |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------+
| E-mail: [email-masked]                                      | 
| Homepage: http://virgil.ruc.dk/~kneth/index.html                |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------+
|     Old chemists don't die - they just reach equilibrium        |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------+