Subject: MGMS-EC1 - Stochastic Session

From: TOPPER ROBERT <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 11:44:19 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings to all -

I would like to encourage those of you who are interested in sharing
the latest techniques for complete sampling of 
energy surfaces in molecular
modeling applications to participate in the 
"Stochastic Methods for Conformational Sampling"
session of the Molecular Graphics and Modelling Society's First 
Electronic Conference, to be held entirely on the Internet / WWW
on October 7 - 18, 1996. We already have a number of extremely interesting
presentations and papers planned for the session, with contributions
focusing on catalysts, biomolecules and clusters.
The issue of complete sampling of configuration space affects
practioners of the arts of MD, Monte Carlo, Brownian Dynamics, etc.
as well as the art of structural determination.

All abstracts are due by JULY 31. For further information 
you may consult the official conference web site at
http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/mgms/
or, if you are in the US you may wish to see some local
files at the Molecular Monte Carlo Home Page:
http://www.cooper.edu/engineering/chemechem/monte.html

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best to all,
Robert Topper

************************************************************************
Robert Q. Topper                       email:   [email-masked]
Asst. Prof. of Chemistry               phone:   (212) 353-4378
The Cooper Union                       FAX:     (212) 353-4341 
51 Astor Place                         subway:  take the 6 to Astor Place 
New York, NY 10003 USA                          or the N/R to 8th St/NYU
http://www.cooper.edu/engineering/chemechem/depts_info/topper.html
************************************************************************
Check out the Molecular Monte Carlo home page!
http://www.cooper.edu/engineering/chemechem/monte.html
************************************************************************