Subject: ESR g-tensor

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 18:33:33 -0600 (MDT)

Hi everybody,

I am looking for references to calculations of the EPR
(or ESR, if you wish) g-tensor. I know that semi-empirical
calculations of this property have been around for a while,
and I know some examples (e.g., in the textbook on EPR
by Abragam and Bleaney:
Electron paramagnetic resonance of transition ions,
 A. Abragam and B. Bleaney. - Oxford : Clarendon Press, 1970.)

I would like to see a review paper on such calculations, if there is 
any. Also interesting would be the original references of such
implementations.

Further, I know of some ab initio calculations of the g-tensor, but
not very many   (e.g., G. Lushington et al.,
                 Zeitschrift fur Physik.  D,  1996 v 36, p. 301
                 IJQC, 1995 v 55, p. 377).
A few more calculations are cited in G. Lushington's thesis, most of them
pre-1980.
Are there other references, in particular newer ones?

Thank you very much!

Yours, Georg

P.S. I will summarize to the net as usual, if I get any responses.
--
==============================================================================
Georg Schreckenbach                      Tel: (Canada)-403-220 8204
Department of Chemistry                  FAX: (Canada)-403-289 9488
University of Calgary                    Email: [email-masked]
2500 University Drive N.W.,  Calgary,  Alberta,  Canada,  T2N 1N4
==============================================================================