Subject: ACS Course in Molecular Modeling: Methods and Techniques

From: Alex Tropsha <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 11:14:12 -0500 (CDT)

The American Chemical Society Short Course
Molecular Modeling:  Methods and Techniques

August 20-23, 1996

Laboratory for Molecular Graphics and Theoretical Modeling
College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin

Twelve previous four-day "hands-on" short courses have been offered with over 
275 registrants from diverse backgrounds in the chemical, biological, and 
biomedical fields of research and teaching.

Each student will have their own Silicon Graphics workstation and access to 
desktop computers for the duration of the short course. There will be daily 
"hands-on" laboratory sessions so YOU can work with state-of-the-art hardware 
and software. 

Topics: Molecular Mechanics Calculations, Molecular Mechanics Parameterization, 
Quantum Mechanics Calculations, Conformational Searching, Drug Design, 
Pharmacophore Development, 3D Databases, 3D Searching Strategies, and 
Combinatorial Chemistry Concepts

Who Should Attend?
Anyone wanting to know more about molecular structure calculations, 
pharmacophore design, 3D database searching, and structure-function 
relationships.  The course has been designed primarily for experimental 
scientists in industry or academics with a background in the chemical, 
biological, and/or biomedical sciences. 

Software: MM2/MM3, SYBYL, INSIGHT/DISCOVER, QUANTA/CHARMm, SPARTAN, ISIS, 
CONCORD, CAChe, and more 

Lecturers
J. Phillip Bowen (University of Georgia)
Norman L. Allinger (University of Georgia)
Dennis Liotta (Emory University)
Alex Tropsha (University of North Carolina)
Warren Hehre (Wavefunction, Inc.)
Bob Pearlman (University of Texas at Austin)
Osman Guner (Molecular Design)

Call the ACS Education Services/Short Course Office at 
(800) 227-5558 or (202) 872-4508 or FAX (202) 872-6336