Subject: ANNOUNCE: WWW chemical structures database

From: "Wolf-Dietrich Ihlenfeldt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 23:42:18 -0600

At last, it is publicily accessible:

The first WWW chemical structures database with molecules
taken (and reconstructed) from chemical MIME files scattered
all around the world on the WWW. A spider collected this information
automatically. The database contains more than 2250 entries. All
normal chemical database search operations are supported
(fullstructure, substructure, weight, formula etc), and we
give you the complete link environment, i.e. you can
easily select and view the (hopefully interesting) HTML pages which
refer to the structures. In contrast to the CambridgeSoft
ChemFinder database we take all structure information
directly from the net and reconstruct a common, searchable,
vb-oriented representation (the really hard part).

We think this is the first example
of an automatically generated database with Web information
which is non-textual.

Access to the database is free. No registration is necessary.
One mode of access is by means of an WWW forms-based interface
which presents the query results via dynamically generated HTML pages.
Its URL is

http://schiele.organik.uni-erlangen.de/services/webmol.html

Please mail us your comments.

P.S.: Have a look at our other chemical WWW services:
      http://schiele.organik.uni-erlangen.de/services/

-- 
Dr. Wolf-D. Ihlenfeldt
Computer Chemistry Center, University of Erlangen-Nuernberg
Naegelsbachstrasse 25, D-91052 Erlangen (Germany)
Tel (+49)-(0)9131-85-6579  Fax (+49)-(0)9131-85-6566
---
The three proven methods for ultimate success and fame:
1) Nakanu nara koroshite shimae hototogisu
2) Nakanu nara nakasete miseyou hototogisu
3) Nakanu nara naku made matou hototogisu