Subject: Gaussian Workshop in Mexico City

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 15:00:26 -0400

** Gaussian Workshop in Mexico City, October 22-25 **
 
 Gaussian, Inc. will be holding a workshop in Mexico City October 22-26
 of this year.  This workshop is cosponsored by Silicon Graphics, Inc.
 It will be held at the Division de Ciencias Basicas y Ingenieria of the
 Univ. Autonoma Metropolitana Iztpalapa in Mexico City, Mexico.
 
 The workshop "Introduction to Gaussian: Theory and Practice," will cover
 the full range of methods available in the Gaussian package with emphasis
 on new methods and features which make Gaussian applicable to an ever
 widening spectrum of research applications.
 
 Instructors for the workshop will include Dr. Mike Frisch and Dr. Doug Fox
 (Gaussian, Inc.) Dr. H. Bernard Schlegel (Gaussian, Inc. and Wayne State
 University), Dr. Gustavo Scuseria (Rice University), Dr. Jerzy Cioslowski
 (Florida State University) & Dr. Eric Glendenning (Indiana State
University).
 
 The workshop is structured to provide an introduction to electronic
 structure theory as well as a hands-on review for researchers already
 active in the field.  The workshop is open to researchers at all levels
 of academic, government and industrial research.
 
 The topics to be covered include the following:
 
  * Introduction to Electronic Structure Theory
  * Model Chemistries: A Framework for Understanding Electronic
     Structure Theory Results
  * Geometry Optimization Techniques
  * Electron Correlation Methods
  * Density Functional Theory Methods
  * Excited State via CI-Singles
  * Thermochemistry via Model Chemistries
  * Predicting Molecular Properties
  * Solvent Effects on Molecular Electronic Structure
  * Gaussian Utilities
  * Estimating Resource Requirements
 
 There will be hands-on sessions each day between the morning and afternoon
 lectures.  Additional hands-on sessions may be available at other times.
 Workshop participants will be provided with access to an SGI workstation
 to complete exercises, experiment and/or conduct short research topics.
 Each workshop participants will also receive the course materials, the
 Gaussian 94 User's Reference and a copy of Exploring Chemistry with
 Electronic Structure Methods.
 
 The cost of the workshop is $200 commercial and $110 academic.  For further
 details and application procedures, contact the workshop coordinator at
 Gaussian, Inc. at the phone or fax number given below, or by sending e-mail
 to [email-masked].
 
 Best Regards,
 David
 
 *------------------------*------------------------*-----------------------*
 | David J. Moses, Ph.D.  |  Carnegie Office Park  |  [email-masked]    |
 | Vice President, C.O.O. |  Building Six          |  412-279-6700 (Voice) |
 | Gaussian, Inc.         |  Pittsburgh, PA 15106  |  412-279-2118 (FAX)   |
 *------------------------*------------------------*-----------------------*