Subject: Molecular Inventor Workshop at ACS Exposition

From: [email-masked] (David Zirl)
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 16:53:11 -0700

Mark Benzel, the author of Molecular Inventor at Silicon Graphics, will be
presenting a workshop at the American Chemical Society Exposition entitled

	"Programming and Using Molecular Inventor"

on Wednesday, August 28, 1996 at 9am in room 221E.  If you are
attending the exposition, you are encouraged to register and attend.  To
pre-register please send e-mail with your name, address, e-mail, phone, fax and
the name and number of the workshop (#14) to [email-masked]

For more information on Molecular Inventor see:

	http://www.sgi.com/ChemBio/MolecularInventor

or send e-mail to [email-masked]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Workshop # 14:

Programming and Using Molecular Inventor(TM).  Sponsor:  Silicon Graphics,
booths 300-302.  Instructor:  Mark Benzel. August 28, 9am-noon. Room 221E in
the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida.

Molecular Inventor is a set of extensions to Open Inventor which simplifies the
development of molecular graphics applications. In addition, it specifies
extentions to the Open Inventor file format which allow the transfer of
chemical data between applications and the display of the data even in
applications which have no knowledge of chemical systems. The features of
Molecular Inventor include optimized rendering of molecular structures,
advanced selection and highlighting mechanisms and generation of isosurfaces
and 3D contours.

This session will discuss the basic architecture of Molecular
Inventor and how to use it to create applications. Use of Molecular Inventor
with Silicon Graphics collaborative tools will also be presented.