Subject: short and long hydrogen bonds

From: "Virendra K. Saxena" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 09:24:00 -0500 (EST)

Does anyone have information on recent (may be last ten years)
    ab initio or any other calculations for hydrogen bonds of relatively
    shorter lenghs (as in case of RNA) and the hydrogen bonds of longer
    lengths (in case of proteins). The original Lippencot-Schroeder model
    (very emperical) is valid only for a very limited range of bond lengths.
    Besides, the potential form gives negative force constants for shorter
    bonds.

      We are interested in calculating the force constants (and the potential
    forms) for vareity of hydrogen bonds occuring in RNA and proteins and use
    them for dynamical calculations.

      Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks

      V. K. Saxena
      Physics Dept.
      Purdue University
      West Lafayette, IN 47906
      [email-masked]
      (317) 494-9575