Subject: Deconvoluting a spectrum

From: [email-masked] (Hr Dr. S. Shapiro)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 08:43:56 +0200 (MEST)

Dear Colleages;

     I have digital data (X/Y) for a spectrum that displays a principal peak and
a prominent shoulder.  I would like to deconvolute this spectrum into two Gauss-
ian spectral bands so that I can separately examine the two peaks constituting
the principal peak and the shoulder.  Therefore, I would like to hear from any-
one who knows of software (preferably for DOS/Windows, preferably shareware or
freeware, though other possibilites are welcome) that can be used to accomplish
the desired deconvolution.

     Thanks in advance to all responders.

Sincerely,

S. Shapiro
Zuerich
[email-masked]

---

From: Motohiro NAKANO <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 1996 01:12:12 +0900

Hello, Dr.Shapiro !

> I would like to deconvolute this spectrum into two Gauss-
> the principal peak and the shoulder.

If your environment allows you to compile a FORTRAN source code,
the program LGFIT2 will help you to solve your problem.

LGFIT2
A LEAST-SQUARES SPECTRAL CURVE FITTING ROUTINE FOR STRONGLY
OVERLAPPING LORENTZIANS OR GAUSSIANS.
  REF. VON MEERWALL, E., COMP. PHYS. COMMUN. 9 (1975) 117.

This program is available from
http://www.kfa-juelich.de:80/zam/CompServ/software/mathe/mathsrc/cpc/abmk.cpc

-- 
  Motohiro NAKANO  <[email-masked]>
  Dept. of Applied Chemistry, Osaka University
  Tel +81-6-850-5770  Fax +81-6-850-5785