Subject: Prediction servers and predictions

From: Arne Elofsson <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Aug 1996 17:36:17 +0200

Dear netters

I will teach a course in "Theoretical DNA and Protein analysis" and as
more and more of the tools get available over the WWW I will focus on
using the WWW to analyze the sequence/protein you are interested in.

The students will work on a small set of selected sequence and use the
WWW to try to find out as much as possible about these proteins. In a
way it is similar to what Tim Hubbard and Anna Tramontano did but on a
much smaller scale. We will use this course as a test of different
servers that are available over the net. A summary evaluating the
different servers will be published on the net.

SO I would rally appreciate
1) Any server that you want the students to use and test. 
   (If you have a small, easy to use and fast program that you want
ous to test we can provide a WWW interface for the server)
2) Any comprehensive list of servers and others related links.
3) Any protein sequence that you want the students to work on. 
4) Anything else you can think I have use of.

thank you a lot

I will summarize respons and put up a WWW page with all received
information.

arne

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
      From: Arne Elofsson         Email: [email-masked]
      Tel:+46(0)8-161553   WWW:  http://www.biokemi.su.se/~arne/