Subject: Computational Chemist Position

From: "Jin Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 17:10:47 +0100

Computational Chemist

An opportunity has arisen for a computational chemist to join the
Computational Chemistry Section at Proteus Molecular Design Ltd.

Proteus is a drug discovery research based company with its core
technology in computer-aided molecular design. Proteus is based
in Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK.

For this particular position, applications are invited from
individuals who have a PhD degree in computational chemistry or
related areas. The successful applicant will need to have demonstrable
expertise and experience in CAMD software development and applications.
Specifically, the applicant will nedd to have a good working knowledge
of chemistry, an ability to program in C and/or FORTRAN in a UNIX
environment, and a strong background in molecular modelling and
drug design. Working experience in a pharmaceutical company's
molecular modelling group  will be an advantage.
The successful applicant will join a team of dedicated
computational scientists working on the development of CAMD
technologies (e.g., structure-based design of combinatorial libraries,
and receptor-ligand docking, etc), and their application in drug design.

Proteus offers an attractive remuneration and benefits package which
is appropriate to the candidate's ability and experience.

If you have the appropriate background and experience, please apply
with full CV to: Human Resources Administrator, Proteus Molecular
Design Ltd., Proteus House, Lyme Green Business Park, Macclesfield,
Cheshire SK11 0JL, UK. Tel,: (UK) 1625 500555; Fax: (UK) 1625 500666.

Jin Li, PhD
Head of Computational Chemistry