Subject: Press Release - Current Chemical Reactions on DAYLIGHT

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 09:37:00 -0400

<cross posted>

                                               Matthew Clark
                                    Institute for Scientific
                                                 Information
                                          215-386-0100 x1421
                                           [email-masked]
                                                            
                                                 Yosef Taitz
                               DAYLIGHT Chemical Information
                                               Systems, Inc.
                                                714-367-9990
                                           [email-masked]
                                     http://www.daylight.com

  CURRENT CHEMICAL REACTIONS(R) database now  on DAYLIGHT's
                       Reaction System

MISSION VIEJO, CA, USA -- AUGUST 20, 1996-- Researchers can

now find the best way to make new compounds and design

combinatorial syntheses using ISI's Current Chemical

Reactions (CCR) database on DAYLIGHT's reaction system..

"Using the CCR with the DAYLIGHT software, scientists can

now integrate synthesis planning with database and diversity

analysis", says Thomas Kelly, VP and General Manager of

ISI's Chemistry products.  "Chemists' needs are evolving,

and our databases are evolving to meet them," he adds.

"The DAYLIGHT reaction database system is unique in that it

allows substantial flexibility in reactions related

applications, especially combinatorial chemistry by using

the reactions as templates", says Yosef Taitz, CEO of

DAYLIGHT Chemical Information Systems, Inc. "The CCR

database provides us with a new wealth of synthetic practice

from the past ten years, as well as the most current

techniques."

The Current Chemical Reactions database, available since

1986, collects all new synthetic methods from over 350 of

the top journals and provides them in a structure and text

searchable database. The database is comprised of over

250,000 reactions and adds over 30,000 each year. The ISI

database is known for its superior quality. In addition it

provides full author abstracts and a consistent set of

indexing and selection criteria for the entire database.

                             xxx