Subject: Re: CCL:pdb files

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 10:19:09 EDT

>anyone know of a program to put hydrogens on all the amino
>acids in a Pdb file?- preferably free.

Chem3D Pro will do this, but is not free.
Chem3D Net is freely available from http://www.camsoft.com and will do this,
and will let you view the hydrogenated structure onscreen, but will not 
allow you to save the changes.

This is a question that comes up periodically.  You chould check the CCL 
archives, probably in the 2-3 months ago range.  There are a number of
other programs that can do this.  I definitely remember a discussion
that Macromodel can, but I don't remember the others offhand.

Jonathan Brecher
CambridgeSoft Corporation
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Kyle Martin)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 11:45:13 PST

On Tue, 20 Aug 96 10:19:09 EDT <[email-masked]> writes:
 
>Chem3D Net is freely available from http://www.camsoft.com and will do 
>this, and will let you view the hydrogenated structure onscreen, but
will 
>not allow you to save the changes.

hmm..I don't know about any other web browsers, but with Netscape and
America Online, you may save any images.