Subject: HyperChem User Meeting in Germany

From: "Gregor Fels" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 10:57:42 GST

HyperChem User Meeting in Germany

I had the pleasure to host the first European HyperChem course organized 
by HyperCube early this year and to take part in the teaching. At least from 
my narrow point of view, we had three productive and pleasing days of hard 
working that were very satisfying. To me, the course gained much from the 
broad spectrum of participants, interests, questions, and skills, of course next 
to the fact that it was run by Dragan Vuckovic, the outstanding expert from 
HyperCube.
Encouraged by this, I am thinking of a more regular get together of 
HyperChem users in Germany (or Europe) to share science and teaching 
stuff, news and views, scripts and macros, and whatever you would like to 
through in. This should be done in an informal environment and perhaps 
could take place at the university of Paderborn where we would supply the 
necessary facilities including enough computers to demonstrate things and to 
have hands on the program (PC- and SGI-version). If there is time and 
interest we even might want to set up a short program that looks over the 
rim and e.g. demonstrates non HyperCube software that cooperates with 
HyperChem.
I would appreciate to receive your comments on this idea to decide whether 
it is worth planing such a meeting and spending the necessary effort to 
organize it. Answers is English or German are equally welcome. Things to 
consider would be for instance:
- what would you expect of such a meeting
- how much time would you feel is adequate for it
- would you like to actively contribute with a problem, question, result, 
  application, demonstration, macro, script etc. covering any area of scientific 
  or educational use or aspect of the program
- would you also come if you cannot (or don't want) to contribute
- would Paderborn be located convenient enough for you to participate
- which time of the year would suit you best.

Please pass on this message to colleagues who are HyperChem users but 
who presumably will not be reached by this mail.

Looking forward to your answers
Gregor Fels

Dr. Gregor Fels
Universitaet-GH-Paderborn
FB 13-Org. Chemie
Warburgerstr. 100
D-33098 Paderborn, Germany

Tel. 0049-5251-602181/Fax -603245
EMail [email-masked]