Subject: FORTRAN GEXP function query

From: Jeffrey Gosper <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 1996 08:19:17 PDT

I am currently working with the FORTRAN code for PSI88 (by Dan Severance and William 
Jorgensen) and have come accross the GEXP function which I am not familar with and can't find it in 
my FOTRAN77 book.

The line I'm trying to understand (and recode) is:
              EXPS(IXYZ,1) = GEXP(XDELSQ(IXYZ)*ANEG(1))*VNORM(1)

Could you please advise me what the function GEXP is doing and how to code it in a language that 
does not have the function (Visual Basic).

Thnks for any advise.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
 Dr. Jeff Gosper, Dept. of Chemistry, BRUNEL University
 Uxbridge Middx UB8 3PH, UK
 voice:  01895 274000 x2187, facsim: 01895 256844
 internet/email/work:   [email-masked]
 internet/WWW: http://www.brunel.ac.uk/~castjjg
 Re_View's home page (molecular animations or Chem-4D):
        http://www.brunel.ac.uk/depts/chem/ch241s/re_view/re_view.htm
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/