Subject: IRIS Explorer question

From: "Gert von Helden" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 19:04:26 -0600

Hello,
I would like to use Iris Explorer to make pretty pictures for a publication.
They consist of molecules and potential energy isosurfaces and slices.
So far, they look very nice on the screen but not so nice printed.
My questions:
a) How does one get a file (ps or tiff) with a resolution higher than
the screen resolution from Explorer?
b) Does anyone has a BallStick module that makes nicer balls for atoms
(i.e. more triangles).

Thanks in advance,  Gert

-- 

Gert von Helden  
Dept. of molecular and Laser Physics, University of Nijmegen, Netherlands
e-mail: [email-masked], phone: (+31) 24 3652179, fax: (+31) 24 3653311

---

From: Omer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 1996 22:25:05 +0100

> b) Does anyone has a BallStick module that makes nicer balls for atoms

Both Explorer 2.2.2 and 3.0 come with the EyeBalls module that will do
what you want. Make sure the "unsupported" distribution is installed.

Ciao,

Omer
 
-- 
Omer Casher  *Your Web Mechanic*  http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/omer/     
Department of Chemistry, Imperial College, London SW7 2AY   
+44 171-594-5795  [email-masked]