Subject: REMINDER: Experiences in System Admin. of the IBM RS/6000 SP Workshop

From: [email-masked] (Jeanne C. Butler)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 12:42:55 -0500

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *
Registration has been extended to: Monday, September 23, 1996
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *

Cornell Theory Center Workshop

Experiences in System Adminstration of the IBM RS/6000 SP

Thursday, October 10 - Friday, October 11, 1996
Cornell Theory Center
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY

-------------
OVERVIEW
-------------
The Cornell Theory Center (CTC), a nationally funded high performance
computing center, is offering a 1.5 day workshop dealing with experiences in
system administration of the IBM SP. The workshop will consist mainly of a
series of panel sessions on different topics, given by representatives of
CTC and several other SP sites. Each panel session will feature short
presentations by panel members followed by time for discussion and questions
from the audience. IBM will give a presentation on and demonstration of
graphical tools being developed for system management. Ample time will be
provided for informal discussions.

CTC's SP, which consists of 512 RISC processors connected by a high
performance switch, is the largest of its kind in the world. Resource
scheduling is handled by EASY-LoadLeveler. Details may be found on the Web
at http://www.tc.cornell.edu/Resources/.

--------------------
PREREQUISITES
--------------------
This workshop is intended for system administrators who already have
experience in managing an SP system. Therefore, we will assume participants
are already familiar with the basics of managing an SP system, and have had
experience in doing so. Sessions will focus on sharing experiences, and will
not be tutorials. There will not be any hands-on sessions.

------------------------------------
REGISTRATION INFORMATION
------------------------------------
To register for this workshop, and for additional information, go to:
http://www.tc.cornell.edu/Edu/Upcoming/sysadm.html

or contact:
Jeanne Butler
[email-masked]
607.254.8813