Subject: SUMMARY: CompChem Journals

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 10:10:28 -0400 (EDT)

Dear CCLers: 

Several days ago I asked the following questions:

   Has anyone of you compiled or seen a list of Journals which are 
   mainly devoted to Computational Chemistry and/or Drug Design? 
   Are the any web sites where I can find this? Related information 
   such as citation rate would be helpful.
   Thanks.

I got some replies which are summarized here. They were very helpful.
Thanks to those who replied. 

-Leming Shi
[email-masked]

=============== Begin of Summary: CompChem Journals ===========
-----------------
From: [email-masked] (Jim Eilers)

Try http://www.awod.com/netsci/   and leads from there.
-----------------
From: "Thomas A Adler" <[email-masked]>
I found a list of journals at the following site:

http://midway.ca.sandia.gov/~mecolv/intro/intro.html
-------------------
From: Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]>
Those that have Web sites are listed in
  http://lacebark.ntu.edu.au/chem_ref.html
-------------------
From: "Lisa M. Balbes" <[email-masked]>
There are some listed on my web page,
http://www.cris.com/~balbes/science.html.  There is a link there to Network
Science, which has an extensive live of other journals.  Good Luck.
-------------------
From: Gerd Thys <[email-masked]>
Sounds like a commercial but please try my compilation:

http://sch-www.uia.ac.be/u/thys/chem.html

In the section 'Journals'... I think it's a nice starting point to other 
places too...
-------------------
From: "Dr. Neil E. Hoare" <[email-masked]>
Several journals have web-sites. The following are some of the modelling
oriented ones.

J. Comp-Aid Mol. Des.
http://wucmd.wustl.edu/jcamd/jcamd.html

J. Mol. Modelling
http://derioc1.organik.uni-erlangen.de/info/JMOLMOD/jmolinfo.html

The J.Comp Chem also has a site. (can't find the URL !)
-------------------
From: James Crabbe <[email-masked]>
The journal Computers and Chemistry (Elsevier Science) has such articles.

You could request a copy from [email-masked], or view the web at :
http://www.elsevier.nl:80/catalogue/SAA/205/06000/06005/379/379.html
-------------------
From: Jean-marie Teuler <[email-masked]>
I have tried to keep a list of chemistry related journals on our Web server
http://www.cpma.u-psud.fr/revues.html
-------------------
From: Arthur Wang <[email-masked]>
My favorate on-line journal concerning with drug design is NetSci, which 
locates at: http://www.awod.com/netsci/.
-------------------
From: Carlo Nervi <[email-masked]>
On this URL: http://lem.ch.unito.it/chem_journals.html
I maintain a list of journals, books, and others, related to chemistry.
I'll be grateful, also, to anybody will give us further links.
Thanx,
-------------------
From: "Alexander Hillisch" <[email-masked]>
Hallo CCLers!

An extensive list of available online journals dealing with
Biology/Biochemistry/Chemistry/Comp.Chem/Bioinformatics can be found at:

       http://www.imb-jena.de/journals.html
The first link on this page points to:

       http://golgi.harvard.edu/journals.html

 ...another interesting list of journals.
-------------------
From: "Dong Xu" <[email-masked]>
I have a list of journals which cover computational biology/chemistry at
http://illinois.ncifcrf.gov:1234/proteins/journal.html
-------------------
======================= END OF SUMMARY: CompChem Journals ============