Subject: RE: Summary on molecular crystals

From: Artem Masunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 22:06:36 -0400 (EDT)

> I'm looking for a summary on the packing of organic molecular crystals.
> I know some papers from Kitaigorodskii about the subject but haven't
> found a summary.
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  Stefan Reichling                                                   |
|                                     Anorganisch-Chemisches Instiut  |
|  Tel +49-6221-548649                   Universitaet Heidelberg      |
|  Fax +49-6221-545707                      69120 Heidelberg          |
|  e-mail: [email-masked]      Germany              |
|  www: http://ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de/~il1                    |  www:
http://ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de/~il1                          |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

 Dear Steve,

It is pretty broad area you are going into. 
If you are looking for the summary of Kitaigorodskii's papers,
see his books "Molecular Crystals" and "Mixed Crystals".
Both are available in English edition. 
Among more recent books you might be interested in 
"Molecular Crystals" by Willis and "Crystal Engineering" by Desiraju.
Wast reviews were also published (separately) by Gavezzotti,
Bernstein, Leizerovitz, Brock, Murray-Rust and some others.
We did some generalizations on biphenyls and uracils, too:
Russ.J.Phys.Chem. 1992, 66(1) 23-30;
Russ.J.Phys.Chem. 1993, 67(2) 201-217.
More complete list could be obtained from Cambridge Crystallographyic
Database (DBUSE subset).
If you need more details or I misspelled any name above, 
please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Artem

>      __   _________
>     /  \ /  _   _  \   Artem Masunov - [email-masked]
>    /    \\  \\  \\  \       Chemistry Department, Hunter College
>   /  /\  \\  \\  \\  \          City University of New York
>  /  ____  \\  \\  \\  \     695 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10021
> /__/\__/\__\\__\\__\\__\ Tel: (212) 772-5751, Fax: (212) 772-5332
> \__\/  \/__//__//__//__/ Bpr: 91-777-333-91, that is (917) 773-3391
>
> I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not
> sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (Gaussian92)