Subject: ECP's and PP's

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 09:57:43 -0600 (MDT)

Hi everybody,

I have just read the interesting summary by Dale Braden in the CCL on ECP's.
One of the questions he raised in his original posting was whether there is 
a difference between "effective core potentials" and "pseudopotentials". To 
my limited knowledge, there is none. But maybe one of the experts could
comment on this question? -- I couldn't find a definite answer in the mentioned
summary. So my question is, what -- if any -- is the difference between PP's
and ECP's?  Just curious ...

Thanx, Georg
P.S. I will summarize to the list if there are any answers.
--
==============================================================================
Georg Schreckenbach                      Tel: (Canada)-403-220 8204
Department of Chemistry                  FAX: (Canada)-403-289 9488
University of Calgary                    Email: [email-masked]
2500 University Drive N.W.,  Calgary,  Alberta,  Canada,  T2N 1N4
==============================================================================