Subject: Re: CCL:Hewlett-Packard Printers and Unix Boxes

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 08:33:33 +0200 (DST)

Hello,

There is an easy way to do that, you just
need to use ghostscript and pipe the results to the port
of your device.
The only requirement is to print a postscript file :)

Hope this help you.

Philippe Camelio
Laboratoire de Stereochimie
Marseille, France
E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 96 09:37:50 +0100

> Has anyone had any success using an HP printyer that was directly attached to a
> Unix box?  If so where were any requisite drivers found?

No personal experience, but a report from a friend, who has managed to
set up ghostscript as a printer driver for Linux, such that he can now
pretend that his DeskJet is a PS printer. From what he said, it wasn't
trivial. If you are interested I can ask for details, but only in a
month or so.
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: [email-masked]
Laboratoire de Dynamique Moleculaire   | Tel.: +33-76.88.99.28
Institut de Biologie Structurale       | Fax:  +33-76.88.54.94
41, Ave. des Martyrs                   | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France         | Nederlands/Francais
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------