Subject: Epson Color Inkjet Printers

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 11:16:23 -0400

Netters:

Many thanks to all who have provided a LOT of information about HP printers and
Unix boxes.  I will extract the essence for a later post.

Could you stand another question?

Epson sells at least one  color inkjet printers that is in the HP1600 price
catagory and that will do post-script.  Has anyone tried such?  Other Epsons
and post-script?

Thanks!

John

-- 

John M. McKelvey			email: [email-masked]
Computational Science Laboratory	phone: (716) 477-3335
2nd Floor, Bldg 83, RL
Eastman Kodak Company			
Rochester, NY 14650-2216

--

---

From: Jie Yuan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 16:58:53 -0400 (EDT)

> catagory and that will do post-script.  Has anyone tried such?  Other Epsons

You are talking about the ProXL, that does tabloid size papers at 720dpi
CMYK.  The Pro can also do PS, but not 17 inch papers.  More info is
available at www.epson.com.

It does NOT have hardware PS.  Only software.  It is reasonably good.  I
saw quite some articles in comp.sys.mac.printing newsgroup about it.  If
you ask there, you'll get responses from those folks.  Because it is
software PS, you need a good CPU (powerMac, pentium pro, or the like).

There is one more: Epson Stylus Color (the original).  I have one and I
use it with my SGI (3D45, Irix 5.3, Impressario) and I love it.  With
Impressario, I can deal with any files that I have seen so far (ps, gif,
tiff, rgb, etc.).  No problem what so ever.  And it is reasonably fast. 
If you have a better SGI machine, the performance can only be better.

Regards,

Jie
-- Jie Yuan, PhD - U. Cincinnati - Pharmacology & C.B. --
== POBox 670575, Cin., OH 45267-0575  =  513-558-2352  ==
== [email-masked] = www.uc.edu/~yuanj =  using Pine   ==
== finger -l [email-masked] for my PGP pub. key=