Subject: Protein structure from partial information

From: Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 96 18:43:17 +0100

Dear netters,

a discussion with a group of experimentalists has lead me to the
following question: are there any established methods to find the
atomic configuration of a protein starting from its sequence plus
partial information about the global shape, location of certain
functional units etc.? This ought to be much easier than the general
protein folding problem, although also less clearly defined.

Regards,
  Konrad Hinsen.
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: [email-masked]
Laboratoire de Dynamique Moleculaire   | Tel.: +33-76.88.99.28
Institut de Biologie Structurale       | Fax:  +33-76.88.54.94
41, av. des Martyrs                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France         | Nederlands/Francais
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------