Subject: AccuModel, An Intuitive Program for Creating Accurate 3D Models Using the MM3 Force Field

From: Willie Cui <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 00:17:34 -0700

MICROSIMULATIONS CORP. ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF ACCUMODEL,
THE FIRST PRODUCT OF THE CHEMINFO-3D FAMILY OF SOFTWARE TO CREATE, 
ANALYZE AND EVALUATE 3D CHEMICAL STRUCTURES ON DESKTOP COMPUTERS

MAHWAH, New Jersey-August 28, 1996-MicroSimulations Corp., an exciting new
innovator of molecular design, visualization, and analysis software, today announced
it's ChemInfo 3D family of applications to build, visualize, and analyze molecular
structures and associated functionality that will enable chemists to accelerate the
discovery process.

The first product from this series, AccuModel, are released today. 
Another product, PowerFit, will be introduced in another posting.
A number of products are in beta test and will be released this fall, including
Property3D for calculating molecular properties based on 3D structures, BioPad for
protein sequence drawing and display, and PowerDock for molecular docking.

The features in AccuModel 1.0 give chemists the capability to build, view and
analyze chemical structures on their PC or PowerPC desktop. The chemist 
can build a structure using the fragment library, or can import 2D drawings from 
ISIS/Draw or ISIS/Base. The drawing can be converted automatically into 3D, 
and can be viewed in wire-frame, ball-stick, and CPK models. Analysis features 
include distance, bond angle, and torsion measurements.

Moreover, the chemist can activate the MM3 force field to enable quick and
accurate structural optimization. MM3 was developed by Prof. Norman Allinger,
University of Georgia, and is widely accepted as the most accurate molecular mechanics
force field.

Designed for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, ChemInfo3D desktop
system enables medicinal chemists to visualize, analyze and evaluate chemical
structures and is essential to efficient, productive molecular research.

AccuModel is for use on Windows 95, Windows NT, and
PowerPC and are available for immediate delivery.

For more information, please visit MicroSimulations' Web site,
http://www.microsimulations.com

-- 
Willie Cui, Ph.D.
Director of Product Development
MicroSimulations
voice: (201)512-0486
fax:   (201)512-0489
http://www.microsimulations.com