Subject: Gaussian Workshop

From: [email-masked] (David Moses)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 16:08:06 -0400 (EDT)

** Gaussian Workshop in Liege, Belgium, December 3-6 **

 Gaussian, Inc. will be holding a workshop at Universite de Liege, Belgium
 December 3-6 of this year.  This workshop will be cosponsored by Digital
 Equipment Corporation.
 
 The workshop "Introduction to Gaussian: Theory and Practice," will cover
 the full range of methods available in the Gaussian package with emphasis
 on new methods and features which make Gaussian applicable to an ever
 widening spectrum of research applications.

 Instructors for the workshop will include Dr. Mike Frisch and Dr. Doug Fox
 (Gaussian, Inc.), Dr. Mike Robb (King's College London), and Dr. George
 Petersson (Wesleyan University).

 The workshop is structured to provide an introduction to electronic
 structure theory as well as a hands-on review for researchers already
 active in the field.  The workshop is open to researchers at all levels
 of academic, government and industrial research.

 The topics to be covered include the following:

  * Introduction to Electronic Structure Theory
  * Model Chemistries: A Framework for Understanding Electronic
     Structure Theory Results
  * Geometry Optimization Techniques
  * Electron Correlation Methods
  * Density Functional Theory Methods
  * Excited State via CI-Singles
  * Thermochemistry via Model Chemistries
  * Predicting Molecular Properties
  * Solvent Effects on Molecular Electronic Structure
  * Gaussian Utilities
  * Estimating Resource Requirements

 There will be hands-on sessions each day between the morning and afternoon
 lectures.  Additional hands-on sessions may be available at other times.
 Workshop participants will be provided with access to a DEC workstation
 to complete exercises, experiment and/or conduct short research topics.
 Each workshop participant will also receive the course materials, the
 Gaussian 94 User's Reference and a copy of Exploring Chemistry with
 Electronic Structure Methods.

 The cost of the workshop is $250.  For further details and application
 procedures, contact the workshop coordinator at Gaussian, Inc. at the
 phone, fax number or e-mail address given below.

 Best Regards,
 David

 *------------------------*------------------------*-----------------------*
 | David J. Moses, Ph.D.  |  Carnegie Office Park  |  [email-masked]    |
 | Vice President, C.O.O. |  Building Six          |  412-279-6700 (Voice) |
 | Gaussian, Inc.         |  Pittsburgh, PA 15106  |  412-279-2118 (FAX)   |
 *------------------------*------------------------*-----------------------*
 |         Be sure to visit our Website at http://www.gaussian.com         |
 *------------------------*------------------------*-----------------------*