Subject: 1997 Charleston Conference

From: [email-masked] (Network Science)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 14:34:43 +0100

Network Science Corporation announces The 1997 Charleston Conference:
Advancing New Lead Discovery.  The complete program with registration
information is available at:

http://www.awod.com/netsci/Meetings/charleston.html

The invited lectures and round table discussions to be held at the March
3-5 meeting will focus on the successful integration of bioinformatics,
combinatorial chemistry, high throughtput screening, computational
chemistry and cheminformatics in new lead discovery and development.

Monday, March 3, 1997
Opening Address
     Gerald Maggiora (Director of Computer-Aided Drug Discovery, Pharmacia &
     Upjohn)

Bioinformatics
     Session Chair: Michael N. Liebman (Director, Bioinformatics and
     Genomics, Vysis, Inc.)
        * Michael W. Retsky (Associate Professor, University of Colorado;
          Scientific Director, OncoMetics, Inc.)
        * Frank Tobin (Assistant Director of Scientific Computing
          Consulting, SmithKline Beecham)
        * Michael N. Liebman (Director, Bioinformatics and Genomics, Vysis,
          Inc.)

Lunch Break

Combinatorial Chemistry
     Session Chair: Michael Pavia (Vice President, Cambridge Research,
     Sphinx Pharmaceuticals, A Division of Eli Lilly and Company)
        * William Hoekstra (Principal Scientist, RW Johnson Pharmaceutical
          Research Institute)
        * Stephen W. Kaldor (Head Combinatorial Chemistry, Lilly Research,
          Eli Lilly and Company)
        * Peter Myers (Chief Operating Officer, CombiChem, Inc.)
        * Alex Polinsky (Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer, Alanex
          Corporation)

Dinner: A Taste of Charleston

Tuesday, March 4, 1997
High Throughput Screening
     Session Chair: John P. Devlin (President, ARRT International; President
     and CEO, MicroBotanica, Inc.)
        * John Babiak (Associate Director Robotics and Automation,
          Wyeth-Ayerst Research Institute)
        * Jonathan Cook (Technical Manager, High Throughput Screening Group,
          Procter & Gamble)
        * Harry Stylli (Senior Director, Screening Technologies, Aurora
          BioSciences)

Lunch Break

Computational Chemistry
     Session Chair: Christine Humblet (Senior Director of the Biomolecular
     Structure and Drug Design Section, Parke-Davis Research,
     Warner-Lambert)
        * Bob McDowell (Senior Scientist, Genentech)
        * Dennis Underwood (Associate Director, Molecular Systems, Merck
          Research Laboratories)
        * Jean-Pierre Wery (Head, Computational Chemistry and Molecular
          Structure Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and
          Company)
        * Scott Dixon (Associate Director, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceutical
          Research and Development)

Round Table Discussions with Dinner

Wednesday, March 5, 1997
Cheminformatics
     Session Chair: Allen B. Richon (Chief Science Officer, Network Science
     Corporation)
        * Jon S. Mason (Head of Computer-Assisted Drug Design, Rhone-Poulenc
          Rorer, Inc.)
        * Robert S. Pearlman (Coulter R. Sublett Regent's Chair in Pharmacy
          and Director Laboratory for Molecular Graphics and Theoretical
          Modeling, College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin)
        * David Spellmeyer (Associate Director, Computational and
          Biophysical Chemistry Group, Chiron Corporation)

Attendance for this meeting will be limited.  Registration forms can be
completed at the Network Science Web site or via e-mail, fax or US mail.
Please contact Network Science ([email-masked]) with any questions about
the meeting or to request an e-mail registration form.