Subject: Spartan from remote terminal

From: Konstantin Momot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 11:27:47 +42000

Hello everybody,

Has anyone started a Spartan job in the background from a remote 
non-graphics terminal?  I tried, and here's the outcome:

When I try 

/usr3/spartan4.0_405/sp_abinitio fe_nh3_6_tetrag &

it complaints that env. var. SPAR_ACCESS is undefined. When I define the 
variable:

        setenv SPAR_ACCESS /usr3/spartan4.0_405

and start it again, the job starts, but is immediately suspended with the 
following message:

SPARTAN AB INITIO PROGRAM:  SGI/IRIX4  Release 4.0.1a
  (Job run on iris3)

[1]  + Stopped (tty input)  /usr3/spartan4.0_405/sp_abinitio fe_nh3_6     

Obviously, files _spartan, input, and propin are present in /fe_nh3_6 
when I attempt to start the job.  Does anyone know why would it wait for 
standard input and how to avoid it ? 

Thanks in advance for your suggestions; I will post the solution to the 
problem on the list.

--

Konstantin Momot

[email-masked]      
http://aruba.ccit.arizona.edu/~momot/research.html