Subject: X Server for QUANTA and Cerius2

From: Response Center <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 12:43:09 -0700

Dear Dr. Choi,

   I don't know of anything which supports DGL other than another SGI
workstation.  However:

   Cerius2 can be run in X11 mode to display on X-terminals even if they do
not support DGL; you should try to arrange a trial of the X-terminal
software before purchasing any since not all software completely supports
the X11 protocol.

   QUANTA will not run on a remote display even if it is DGL-capable.  The
program will run extremely slowly and some portions do not work.  MSI does
not support remote display capabilities for QUANTA on any platform.

   Regards,
       Bob Funchess

-- 

    You can get the latest patches for Insight II 95.0 from our website
                http://www.msi.com/support/life/insight/

  North America:                         Europe:
  Scientific Support                     Scientific Support
  Molecular Simulations                  Molecular Simulations
  9685 Scranton Road                     240/250 The Quorum, Barnwell Road
  San Diego, CA 92121-3752               Cambridge, CB5 8RE, England
  +1 (619) 546-5509                      +44 1223 413 304

   >>>>>  Please use the addresses given below for electronic mail  <<<<<

  E-Mail (Europe)         [email-masked]
  E-Mail (North America)  [email-masked]