Subject: Re: CCL:Synthetic Chemistry List?

From: Gianluca Sbardella <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 08:54:39 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 2 Oct 1996, Shaomeng Wang wrote:

> 
> Dear CCL friends,
> 
> Does any know if there if a Synthetic Chemistry/Medicinal Chemistry List
> similar to the Computational Chemistry List?
> 
> Thanks a lot for your information.
> 
> Shaomeng Wang, Ph.D.
> Georgetown University Medical Center
> [email-masked]
> 
> 
Dear Dr. Wang,
some time ago I posted to CCL a message asking about other mailing lists
dealing with chemistry. I received the following list:
Listserves, Discussion Lists, and Newsgroups for Chemistry

Updated 25 November 1995
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-Mail Servers Based on LISTSERV and Comparable Software

NB: The ListWebber software can be used to conduct searches of lists that
are based on the LISTSERV software.

AMBER is a mail reflector for the molecular mechanics program of the same
name. To subscribe, send a request to: [email-masked] or
[email-masked]. Messages are sent to [email-masked] or
[email-masked].

ANALYSIS-L is for discussion of all aspects of analytical science, including
techniques, methodologies, etc. To subscribe, send the message: SUBSCRIBE
Analysis-L to: [email-masked].

ANCHODD, Medicinal Chemistry/Pharmacy List. Send the message: SUBSCRIBE
ANCHODD FIRSTNAME LASTNAME to: [email-masked].

APCHEM, Astrophysical Chemistry, is sponsored by the Astrophysical Chemistry
Group of the Royal Society of Chemistry to make chemists and astronomers
aware of the potential contributions of each group in collaborative projects
between astronomy and chemistry. Send a subscription requst to:
[email-masked]. Archives are maintained at: http://mailbase.ac.uk

ASCHIN-LIST, Asia Pacific Chemical Information List. Send the message
subscribe aschin-list firstname lastname to: [email-masked]

BIOTECH, Biotechnology Discussion List Send the message: SUB BIOTECH
Firstname Lastname to: [email-masked]

C2L, Cerius2 Users Discussion List The list is intended to support informal
discussion of Molecular Simulations Inc.'s Cerius2. To subscribe, send a
request to [email-masked]. Distribution address is [email-masked].

CancerNet, National Cancer Institute's Mail Server, is available on the NIH
gopher server: gopher.nih.gov. Select #3 Health and Clinical Information and
#1 CancerNet infor- mation. Send the message: HELP to:
[email-masked].

CCOHS-NEWS (Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety)
Announcements from CCOHS. Send e-mail to [email-masked] with the
message: SUBSCRIBE CCOHS-NEWS

CCOHS-USERS (Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety) This one is
for sharing experiences with CCOHS products. Send e-mail to
[email-masked] with the message: SUBSCRIBE CCOHS-USERS

CCL, Computational Chemistry List. Send the message: send help from
chemistry to: OSCPOST@ohstpy or [email-masked].

CHARMM Users Group. Send a request to join to:
charmm-bbs-request@emperor..harvard.edu.

CHEM-COMP, Computational Chemistry. Send the message: join chem-comp
firstname lastname to: [email-masked].

CHEMCORD, the General Chemistry Coordinators' Discussion Group. Send the
message: subscribe chemcord firstname lastname to: listserv@umdd OR
[email-masked].

CHEME-L, the Chemical Engineering List. Send the message: subscribe cheme-l
firstname lastname to: listserv@psuvm or [email-masked].

CHEMECOL, Chemical Ecology List To subscribe, send the message: SUB CHEMECOL
firstname lastname to: [email-masked]

CHEMED-L, Chemistry Education Discussion List. Send the message: subscribe
chemed-l firstname lastname to: [email-masked].

CHEMIND-L, the Chemical Structure Indexing Discussion List, serves as a
forum for discussion of questions relating to indexing and searching
chemical structure information. The full range of indexing techniques, from
textual codes to graphi- cal structures, is covered, and there is no
restriction on the types of structures. To subscribe, send the message: SUB
CHEMIND-L firstname lastname to: [email-masked]

CHEMLAB-L is for people interested in chemistry laboratories (both academic
and research), students' experiments (high school, college, and university),
class room demonstrations, and shows for the public of chemical processes,
chemistry stockroom management, lab safety, and small-scale chemical
waste-handling procedures. To subscribe, send the message: SUB CHEMLAB-L
firstname lastname
to: [email-masked]

CHEM-MOD, Modeling Aspects of Computational Chemistry. Send the message:
join chem-mod firstname lastname to: [email-masked].

CHMINF-L, the Chemical Information Sources Discussion List. CHMINF-L covers
all information sources that can be used to answer questions a chemist might
have. Send the message: subscribe chminf-l firstname lastname to:
listserv@iubvm OR [email-masked]. A gopher archive of chminf-l
is available from the chemistry gopher at the University of California,
Davis, and a Hypermail archive of CHMINF-L from April 1, 1995 is maintained
at the University of Akron.

CICOURSE, Chemical Information Courses on the Internet,is the place to
conduct courses in the area of chemical information on the Internet. The
first course to be presented is Chemical Information Sources and Services,
which emphasizes searching on the STN International system. Proposals for
other courses should be sent to Gary Wiggins at [email-masked]. To
subscribe, send the message: SUB CICOURSE firstname lastname to:
LISTSERV@IUBVM or [email-masked] BR>

CMTS-L, the Chemical Management and Tracking Systems List, serves as a forum
for the exchange of ideas on the estab- lishment of computerized systems to
manage chemical inventories. Send the message: subscribe CMTS-L firstname
lastname to: [email-masked].

CORROS-L, The Corrosion Special Interest List. Send the message: subscribe
corros-l firstname lastname to: [email-masked]..uk.

CZE-ITP, covers Capillary zone electrophoresis (CZE) and Isota- chophoresis
(ITP). Send the message: subscribe cze-itp firstname lastname to:
[email-masked] or: [email-masked]

DIBUG, Discover, Insight, Biosym Users' Group Send a request to join to:
[email-masked].

ELETQM-L, Electrochemistry Newsgroup, covers synthesis, chemical processes,
battery and energy storage, corrosion, biological processes, synthesis of
inorganic and organic compounds, and other aspects of electrochemistry. To
subscribe, send the message: SUB ELETQM-L firstname lastname to:
[email-masked].

FORENS-L, Forensic Sciences Discussion Group. Send the message: SUB FORENS-L
firstname lastname to: [email-masked].

Ga-molecule, Genetic Algorithms Users Group. Send a request to:
[email-masked].

HIRIS-L, High Resolution IR Spectroscopy List. Send the message SUB HIRIS-L
firstname lastname to: listserv@iveuncc.

HyperChem Users' E-Mail Group. Send a request to:
[email-masked].

ICS-L, International Chemometrics Society. Send the message: subscribe ICS-L
firstname lastname to: listserv@umdd OR [email-masked].

IFPHEN-L, the Interfacial Phenomena Discussion Group. Send the message:
subscribe ifphen-l firstname lastname to: listserv@wsuvm1 or
[email-masked]

Info-LabVIEW discussion list is an e-mail list focused on the application of
National Instruments LabVIEW data acquisition and analysis products. To
subscribe, send a request to: [email-masked]. National
Instruments has a support site for the LabVIEW and LabWindows data col-
lection and analysis products. URL: http://www.natinst.com User-contributed,
LabVIEW-related software and digests for the Info-LabVIEW mail server are
archived at the Info-LabVIEW site: URL: ftp://ftp.pica.army.mil/pub/labview

Interface-L exists to encourage and facilitate the spread of information
about the connection and control af any laboratory equipment by computer. To
subscribe, send the message: subscribe interface-l to:
[email-masked]

ISISFORUM-L is a users forum for sharing information and experiences among
users of MDL's ISIS software. To subscribe, send a message to:
[email-masked] with the message: subscribe isisforum-l firstname lastname

ISOM (International Symposium on Olefin Metathesis) List distributes
mailings to members of the forum via [email-masked]. To join the mailing
list, send your name and address to [email-masked].

MATLS-L, Materials Synthesis Send the message: SUB MATLS-L Firstname
Lastname to: [email-masked] or [email-masked]

MICROSCALE-L. To subsribe, send the message: SUB MICROSCALE-L firstname
last- name to: [email-masked]

MEDDCHEM, Macromolecular Engineering, Drug Design, and Chemistry Send the
message: SUB MEDDCHEM Firstname Lastname to: [email-masked] or
[email-masked]

MMODINFO, MacroModel Users Group. Send the message SUBSCRIBE MMODINFO to:
[email-masked]. Archives of the MMODINFO list are
available via anonymous ftp at: ftp.utoledo.edu (131.183.1.1) [.MMOD] for
mail; [.CHEMISTRY] for others. (NB: This is a VAX VMS machine.)

MOL-DIVERSITY, Molecular Diversity for Basic Research and Drug Discovery
Forum To subscribe, send the message: SUBSCRIBE MOL-DIVERSITY firstname
lastname to: [email-masked]

MOLECULAR-DYNAMICS-NEWS. To subscribe, send the command: join
Molecular-dynamics-news to: [email-masked]

MoleCVUE, Molecular Computation and Visualization in Undergraduate
Education. Send a request to join to: [email-masked]

MOPAC 93 Network Forum. MOPAC 93 is distributed through QCPE. Fujitsu has
set up a MOPAC 93 Network Forum to provide a communications link with those
who have access to Internet. This service is not free. Contact Ms. Miyoko
Murakami ([email-masked])

MOSSBA, Mossbauer Spectroscopy, Software & Forum. Send the message:
subscribe mossba firstname lastname to: listserv@usachvm1

NAPRONET is set up to discuss chemistry and biological activity of natural
products. To subscribe, send the message: SUBSCRIBE NAPRONET Firstname
Lastname to: LISTSERV@TRBILUN or [email-masked]

netCDF Group is for discussions of this standard for visualization of Mass
Spectromety data files. To subscribe, send the message: subscribe
netcdfgroup firstname lastname to: [email-masked]

ORGANOMET. To join, send a request to:
[email-masked]

ORGCHEM, Organic Chemistry Discussion Group BBS. For the latest information
on this list, contact Curt Breneman: [email-masked]. Send a
subscription request to: [email-masked] The BBS address is:
[email-masked] All of orgchem's mail messages are archived and
can be retrieved by anonymous ftp from extreme.chem.rpi.edu.

ORG-GEOCHEM. Send the message: join org-geochem firstname lastname to:
mailbase@[email-masked].

PMD, Parallel Molecular Dynamics Program To subscribe, send a message to:
[email-masked]

POLYED-L. To subscribe, send the message: SUB POLYED-L firstname lastname
to: [email-masked]

POLYMER. To subscribe, send the message: SUB POLYMER firstname lastname to:
LISTSERV@TECHNION or [email-masked]

POLYMERP, the Polymer Physics Discussion List. Send the message: subscribe
polymerp firstname lastname to: [email-masked]

POSTDOC INTERNATIONAL. To get information on available postdoc positions or
to advertise positions, send the message: GET INDEX to:
[email-masked]

Process-L.To discuss the problems associated with the sampling and subse-
quent analysis of any chemical process, with special reference to industrial
scale processing. To subscribe, send the message: subscribe process-l to:
[email-masked]

RADCH-L, Radiochemistry Discussion List, is devoted to research in
radiochemistry, nucle- ar chemistry, and nuclear analytical sciences. Send
the message: sub RADCH-L firstname lastname to: [email-masked]

REACTIVE is for discussion and exchange of information about air sampling
and monitoring of short-lived reactive pollutants. Send the message:
subscribe reactive firstname lastname to: [email-masked]

SAFETY, The Laboratory Safety List. Send the message: subscribe safety
firstname lastname to: listserv@uvmvm OR [email-masked].

SCODAE, a communications network for pharmacy schools. Send the message:
subscribe scodae firstname lastname to: listserv@umab.

SHARE-L, Spectroscopic Happenings on Actinides and Rare Earths List. Send
the message: subscribe share-l firstname lastname to:
[email-masked] or [email-masked].

STR-NMR, Structural NMR This is a gateway to bionet.structural-nmr. To
subscribe, send the message: subscribe firstname lastname str-nmr to:
[email-masked]

SUP-COND. Send the message: SUB SUP-COND firstname lastname to:
LISTSERV@TAUNIVM or [email-masked]

Sybyl Users Group. Send a request to join to: [email-masked].

TOXLIST. Toxlist is an electronic mailing list created for the purpose of
generating discussions and disseminating information in the discipline of
toxicology. Discussions related to the fields of drug, pesticide, or
hazardous waste toxicology, risk assessment and management, analytical
toxicology and other areas related to the study of the effects of toxins on
man or the environment are welcome. Send the message: SUB TOXLIST firstname
lastname to: [email-masked]

UCAIR-lib, Undergraduate Cooperative Access to Information Re- sources, is a
forum for discussion of the use of chemical information by students and
faculty at the undergraduate level. To join, send the request to:
[email-masked] with the message: SUBSCRIBE firstname lastname
Archives are available at: URL:
gopher://venus.twu.edu/11gopher_root%3a%5b_lists._twu- lists%5d

Water Science Network (WSN): Physics, Chemistry, and Biology of Water and
Aqueous Systems. Send the message: subscribe water firstname lastname to:
[email-masked]

WATOC, World Association of Theoretical Organic Chemists This is a mail
exploder which can be joined by sending the mes- sage: subscribe watoc
firstname lastname to: [email-masked] There is also an associated
World-Wide Web server, which can be accessed as:
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/watoc.html

XPLOR-L, Discussions of Xplor Users. Molecular Simulations Inc.'s X-PLOR is
the topic of the list. To subscribe, send a request to: [email-masked]

Moreover, I got some additional addresses:

>Date: Wed, 17 Apr 96 14:28:51 -0400
>From: Joel Polowin <[email-masked]>
>To: Gianluca Sbardella <[email-masked]>,
>    [email-masked]
>Subject: Re:  CCL:G:other mail-lists (Summary)
>The information on the HyperChem E-mail list is out of date; to
>subscribe,
>the correct procedure is to send the message
>
>subscribe hyperchem
>
>to [email-masked]'.
>
>Joel
>
>------------
>Joel Polowin, Ph.D.   Manager, Scientific Support
>Email to: [email-masked]
>
>Hypercube Inc, 419 Phillip St, Waterloo, Ont, Canada N2L 3X2
>(519)725-4040
>Info requests to: [email-masked]    Support questions to:
>[email-masked]
>Email group: Send "subscribe hyperchem" to [email-masked]
>WWW: http://www.hyper.com/
>                                                                                                        

>From [email-masked] Thu Oct  3 08:46:13 1996
>Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 13:55:27 -0500 (CDT)
>From: "David M. Schrader" <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>Subject: Another list
>
>
>Please add the following list to your list of lists:
>
>POSITRON-L serves chemists, physicists, and materials scientists who use 
>low-energy positrons in their research, or are interested in positrons.
>To
>subscribe, send the message SUBSCRIBE POSITRON-L to
>[email-masked].
>
>===============================================================================
>                              David M. Schrader
>                           Professor of Chemistry
>Department of Chemistry	       |  Telephone numbers:
>Marquette University                  |	 (414) 288-3332(office)
>P.O. Box 1881                         |	 (414) 288-7066(FAX)
>Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881, USA         |         (414) 288-3515 (secretary)
>                    Internet: [email-masked]
>===============================================================================

>From [email-masked] Thu Oct  3 08:46:48 1996
>Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 19:58:05 +0200
>From: Mattijs Koeberg <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: CCL:photophysics, photochemistry and photobiology discussion 
>list
>
>[This message is cross posted to other lists. Excuses for any
>duplicates.]
>
>Dear members of CHEMISTRY,
>
>I'm pleased to announce the phocet-l discussion-list.
>The purpose of this discussion-list is to serve as a forum for discussion
>about and information concerning the interesting fields of
>Photochemistry, Photophysics and Photobiology and in particular
>Photoinduced Charge and Energy Transfer.
>People interested in these fields are invited to join and share their 
>information or questions with others on the list.
>Announcements of
> - Meetings
> - Conferences
> - Lectures
> - Courses
> - Books
> - Articles
> - Internet sources
>are very welcome.
>
>Subscription is open to everyone interested.
>To subscribe send an e-mail message to: [email-masked]
>and put the following in the body of your message:
>
>subscribe phocet-l
>
>With a growing number of participants this discussion-list will get
>more valuable, so please forward this message to your colleagues!
>
>For more information send an e-mail message to [email-masked].
>
>*==========================================================================*
> What do we live for if not to make the world less difficult for each 
>other
>*==========================================================================*
>
>
>
>
>---
>Administrivia: This message is automatically appended by the mail
>exploder:
>[email-masked]: Everybody | [email-masked]:
>Coordinator
>[email-masked]: HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH | Gopher: www.ccl.net
>73
>Anon. ftp: www.ccl.net   | [email-masked] -- archive search
>             Web: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html 
>---

I hope this helps.
Bye,
Gianluca

    ***************************************************************
    *                                                             *
    * Dr. Gianluca Sbardella     E-mail: [email-masked]      *
    * Dip. Studi Farmaceutici            [email-masked]  *
    * Universita' "La Sapienza"   Phone: 39-6-49913814            *
    * P.le A. Moro, 5               Fax: 39-6-491491              *
    * 00185 Roma                                                  *
    * ITALY                                                       *
    *                                                             *
    *  !!The electronic address is going to be changed into!!     *
    *                                                             *
    *                 -->[email-masked]<--                     *
    *                                                             *
    ***************************************************************