Subject: XII ICCCRE Announcement

From: [email-masked] (Faculty)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 18:24:59 +0500

ICCCRE XII                             

                         First Announcement                         
                        (MARK YOUR CALENDARS)                       

              ********    JANUARY 1998    ***********
The Twelfth  International  Conference  on  Computers  in   Chemical  
Research and Education (ICCCRE XII) will be held at the University of 
Poona in Pune, India, in the week of 5-10 January 1998.  Pune is one of 
the premier centers of learning in India, located  about  100  miles 
south of Mumbai (Bombay).

The purpose of the ICCCRE to present a sweeping and state-of-the-art 
description  and  critical  examination  of  the   applications   of 
computers in chemistry presented by outstanding experts  drawn  from 
all over the world.

The program will be organized such that all interested  parties  can 
experience  a  broad  range  of  topics.   There   will   be   ample 
opportunities for small  group  and  one-on-one   discussions.    In 
particular, it is our endeavour that  the  program  will  especially 
cater to the needs of junior faculty, researchers, and students  who 
are just statring out in the field.  In  addition,  those  based  in 
other disciplines, whose work overlaps  with  computers  applied  in 
chemistry, will be exposed to authoritative treatments of  computers 
in chemistry and related disciplines.

Tentatively, the technical  program  will  focus  on  the  following 
topics :

(1)  Computers in Chemical Education
(2)  Electronic Journals, Publishing and Conferencing
(3)  Artificial  Intelligence,  Chemometrics,  Neural  Networks  and 
     their Chemical Application.
(4)  Molecular    Modeling,    Quantitative    Structure-Activity 
     Relationship(QSAR).
(5)  Semi-Empirical  and  ab  initio  Quantum  Chemistry,   Density 
     Functional Methods.
(6)  New Algorithms and Techniques in Computational Chemistry

Under consideration is the possibility of pre-conference sharing  of 
invited/contributed  papers  via  electronic  conferencing  (a   new 
feature of the ICCCRE).

Given the rich and varied history and cultural attractions of India, 
the organizers hope to arrange pre-and/or post-conference excursions 
of varying duration.

Programmatic suggestions and nominations for speakers are encouraged 
and are indeed very welcome.  Please send your comments  and/or  let 
us know whether you would like to have your name and  address  added 
to the distribution list for further  information  via  nay  of  the 
following channels :
(1)  Official Mailing Address :
     ICCCRE XII
     c/o Professor Shridhar R. Gadre
     Department of Chemistry
     University of Pune
     Pune - 411 007. INDIA
     e-mail : [email-masked] 
     phone : 91-212-351728
(2)  World Wide Web Site (with form facility)
     http :// stu.Beloit. edu/chemistry/ICCCRE
(3)  Facilitators working with Professor S.R. Gadre :

Professor Peter Lykos                 Professor Rama Viswanathan
Illinois Inst. of Tech                Beloit College
Chicago, IL 60616. U.S.A.             Beloit, WI 53511. U.S.A.
1-312-567 3430                        1-608-363-2273

[email-masked]            [email-masked]

PLEASE HELP US TO PUBLICIZE ICCCRE XII BY FORWARDING AND/OR  POSTING 
THIS  ANNOUNCEMENT  ON  BULLETIN   BOARDS,   L-SERVS,   WWW   SITES.  
NEWSLETTERS,  SOCIETY  PUBLICATIONS  AND  CALENDARS  AND  YOUR   OWN 
DISTRIBUTION LISTS.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST, HELP, AND COOPERATION.

Professor Shridhar R. Gadre
Department of Chemistry
University of Pune
Pune, INDIA.