From: [email-masked] (Faculty)
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 19:21:55 +0500

ICCCRE XII
 
                           First Announcement
                          (MARK YOUR CALENDARS)
 
 The Twelfth  International  Conference  on  Computers  in   Chemical
 Research and Education (ICCCRE XII) will be held at the University of
 Poona in Pune, India, the week of 5-10 January 1998.  Pune is one of
 the premier centers of learning in India, located  about  100  miles
 south of Mumbai (Bombay).

 The purpose of the ICCCRE is to present a sweeping and state-of-the-art
 description  and  critical  examination  of  the applications   of
 computers in chemistry presented by outstanding experts  drawn  from
 all over the world.

 The program will be organized such that all interested  parties  can
 experience  a  broad  range  of  topics.   There  will  be  ample
 opportunities for small  group  and  one-on-one   discussions.    In
 particular, it is our endeavour that  the  program  will  especially
 cater to the needs of junior faculty, researchers, and students  who
 are just starting out in the field.  In  addition,  inter-disciplinary
 applications of computers will also be covered, making the conference
 of interest to workers in other chemistry-related disciplines.

 Tentatively, the technical  program  will  focus  on  the  following
 topics :
 
 (1)  Computers in Chemical Education
 (2)  Electronic Journals, Publishing and Conferencing
 (3)  Artificial  Intelligence,  Chemometrics,  Neural  Networks  and
      their Chemical applications.
 (4)  Molecular    Modeling,    Quantitative    structure-activity
      relationship.
 (5)  Semi-Empirical  and  ab  initio  Quantum  Chemistry,   Density
      Functional Methods.
 (6)  New Algorithms and Techniques in Computational Chemistry

 Under consideration is the possibility of pre-conference sharing  of
 invited/contributed  papers  via  electronic  conferencing  (a   new
 feature of the ICCCRE).

 Given the rich and varied history and cultural attractions of India,
 the organizers hope to arrange pre- and/or post-conference excursions
 of varying duration.

 Programmatic suggestions and nominations for speakers are encouraged
 and are indeed very welcome.  Please send your comments  and/or  let
 us know whether you would like to have your name and  address  added
 to the distribution list for further  information  via  any  of  the
 following channels :
 (1)  Official Mailing Address :
      ICCCRE XII
      c/o Professor Shridhar R. Gadre
      Department of Chemistry
      University of Pune
      Pune - 411 007. INDIA
      e-mail : [email-masked]
      phone : 91-212-351728
 (2)  World Wide Web Site (with forms facility to be added in december, 1996)
      *http :// WWW.BELOIT.EDU/~CHEM/ICCCRE.HTML*
 (3)  Facilitators working with Professor S.R. Gadre :

 Professor Peter Lykos                 Professor Rama Viswanathan
 Illinois Inst. of Tech                Beloit College
 Chicago, IL 60616. U.S.A.             Beloit, WI 53511. U.S.A.
 1-312-567-3430                        1-608-363-2273

 lykos@charlie. cns.iit.edu            ramav@beloit. edu

 PLEASE HELP US TO PUBLICIZE ICCCRE XII BY FORWARDING AND/OR  POSTING
 THIS  ANNOUNCEMENT  ON  BULLETIN   BOARDS,   L-SERVS,   WWW   SITES.
 NEWSLETTERS,  SOCIETY  PUBLICATIONS  AND  CALENDARS  AND  YOUR   OWN
 DISTRIBUTION LISTS.

 THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST, HELP, AND COOPERATION.

 Professor Shridhar R. Gadre
 Department of Chemistry
 University of Pune
 Pune, INDIA.

Temporary address of Dr. Rama Viswanathan :
 Professor R. Viswanathan
 Visiting Scientist
 c/o Dr. Ingo Hussla
 Innovationszentrum Itzehoe (IZET)
 Margarete-Steiff-Weg 3
 D 25524 Itzehoe
 Germany
 Phone : (49)-4821-73780
 Fax: (49)-4821-737850

 Permanent Address:
 Professor of  Chemistry & Computer Education
 Beloit College
 700 College Street
 Beloit, Wisconsin 53511
 U.S.A.
 Phone: (698)-363-2273
 Fax: (608)-363-2718