Subject: COMBUSTION ANALYSIS OF MIXTURES

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 96 09:50:24 EDT

I sent this earlier, but it seems to hav gone astray.

	If one has a mixture of 2-3 organic compounds (C,H,N,etc.) the 
percentage of these elements determined by combustion analysis depends on the
mole fractions of the components.  Hence, if the actual components are known, 
one can work backwards from the combustion data to quantitatively determine the
composition of the mixture.  I was wondering if someone had a piece of code
lying around to do this???

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                           FREDERIC A. VAN-CATLEDGE

Scientific Computing Division         ||   Office: (302) 695-1187 or 529-2076
Central Research & Development Dept.  ||          
The DuPont Company                    ||      FAX: (302) 695-9658
P. O. Box 80320                       ||
Wilmington DE 19880-0320              || Internet: [email-masked] 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Opinions expressed in this electronic message should ***> NOT <*** be taken to 
represent the official position(s) of the DuPont Company.  

*****> ANY OPINIONS EXPRESSED ARE THE PERSONAL VIEWS OF THE AUTHOR ONLY. <*****
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++