Subject: CCDC WWW Pages

From: CCDC User Support <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 11:59:15 GMT0

[Posted to CCL, CHMINF and sci.techniques.xtallography]

The Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre Web site has just been updated
with information pertaining to the October 1996 release of the Cambridge
Structural Database System.

The URL is:

   http://www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/

New Features in the October 1996 release include:

  - PREQUEST: A new program that allows you to validate structures 
    and create database files from your own data for searching 
    with QUEST. See http://www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/overview/prequest.html 
    for more information.

  - Linux executables are now included on the UNIX CD-ROM

  - QUEST now has a SAVE CIF/MIF option. This is intended to allow 
    accurate and efficient communication of structural data between
    the CSD System and software from MSI.

Note to UNIX users: you should have received notification about a 
possible corrupt data file on the CD-ROM. More information about this 
can be found at http://www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/bugs.html

Information about deposition of data (published and unpublished) for
inclusion in the Cambridge Structural Database is available at
http://www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/deposit.html

Finally a plea: if anyone has a link from their own pages to our old
address (http://csdvx2.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/) then we would be grateful if
this could be changed to our newer address given above. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
User Support, CCDC, 12 Union Road, Cambridge, CB2 1EZ, United Kingdom
Tel:    +44-1223-336022                FAX: +44-1223-336033
E-mail: [email-masked]    WWW: http://www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------