Subject: Re: CCL:X-ray structures for gemstone crystals e.g. YAG, YLF, etc.

From: "Ernest Chamot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 96 17:36:48 EDT

Hi Carl,

You asked:

>        I am trying to perform calculations on the energy levels of an rare
>earth dopant in a gemstone crystal such as YAG or YLF. . .  Is there an
>equivalent database for these inorganic structures.

A web page has recently become available to point you to all sorts of
sources of electronic structural information on the Internet.  The URL is:

http://www.unige.ch/crystal/w3vlc/data.index.html

The Brookhaven and Cambridge Crystal Structure databases that you mentioned
are included, but for you particular question, the data is probably in the
Inorganic Crystal Structure Database, ICSD, if it is available anywhere. 
One of the leads to the ICSD from the web page is:

http://www.fiz-karlsruhe.de/icsd_.html

Happy hunting.

EC
---
Chamot Laboratories, Inc.
530 E. Hillside Rd.
Naperville, Illinois 60540
Phone/Fax: (630) 637-1559
[email-masked]
http://www.xnet.com/~chamotlb