Subject: Running CHARMM in Parallel on Power Challenge

From: Troy Wymore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 17:08:46 -0500 (CDT)

Dear CCLers,

I am having some problem getting CHARMM to run in parallel on a SGI Power
Challenge L.  Is there anyone who has compiled and ran a job on the SGI
Power Challenge?  If so maybe you could tell me what you did and I could
see if our procedure was different.  Of course we followed the directions
in the install.doc but I am getting this error message when I run my job.

libpvm [pid17348] : mksocs() connect:  Connection refused
libpvm [pid17348] : pvm_mytid() : Can't contact local daemon

So it looks as though something is incompatible with PVM.

Any help would be much appreciated.

*********************************************************************
Troy Wymore			e-mail: [email-masked]  *
Department of Chemistry           http://www.showme.missouri.edu/   *
University of Missouri-Columbia           /~chemtw/troy.html        *
Columbia, MO 65211						    *
								    *
								    *
*********************************************************************